AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Hardcore for Haiti Update

Posted by - 03:32 PM on 12/10/11
Hardcore for Haiti Benefit will be donating profits to The William Way LGBT Community Center and could use your support. The benefit DVD includes full live sets of bands such as Have Heart, 108, Converge, Touche Amore, and more. You can watch the trailer in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
03:32 PM on 12/10/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
04:31 PM on 12/10/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Great cause
06:59 PM on 12/10/11
futurebreed
Photographer
User Info.
Please support this. Picked up the DVD last week
08:32 PM on 12/10/11
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
Look dope
08:14 AM on 12/11/11
JoshCool7717
Sweet.
User Info.
This looks fuckin cool
01:57 PM on 12/11/11
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
Always loved the hate five six vids... the guy knows how to film.
06:17 PM on 12/11/11
TheRxBandit
nope.avi
User Info.
So sick. Must get.
12:58 AM on 12/12/11
signal to noise
User Info.
Will be purchasing this.

I wonder what was the deal with showing all the bands names at the end of the trailer... four times each.
06:19 AM on 12/12/11
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
I will be getting this. Great cause.

It's really unfortunate how short of an attention span people have, case and point, aid for Haiti has completely lost any sense of urgency among people.
07:44 AM on 12/12/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I will be getting this. Great cause.

It's really unfortunate how short of an attention span people have, case and point, aid for Haiti has completely lost any sense of urgency among people.
I completely agree-- everything does after a few months. People get bored and move on quickly. I wish that wasn't the way it goes.
07:59 AM on 12/12/11
hate5six.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first donations to One Hundred for Haiti and The Mazzoni Center will be made today (hopefully). More details to come about how much is going to each, and what exactly that money will be used for.

Thanks to everyone who had picked one up so far. Still have crates of DVDs left, and M/XXL shirts.

The reason the band names flash 4 times each is because, well, that's how I edited it. I wanted to use the entire soundclip so something had to be on repeat to fill it out. Flashing the band names multiple times seemed like a reasonable move.
08:58 AM on 12/12/11
howthegodschill
User Info.
I don't think people get bored of these causes, we just happen to be living in a time where every other month there is a huge disaster in a different area of the world. Its easy to forget about Haiti when your TV screen is taken over by what happened in Japan.
09:08 AM on 12/12/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I don't think people get bored of these causes, we just happen to be living in a time where every other month there is a huge disaster in a different area of the world. Its easy to forget about Haiti when your TV screen is taken over by what happened in Japan.
I think it's a lot of these things (hence the phrase "hot topic"); it's just what I've noticed with how my family being from Africa deal with these issues in their work and daily lives.
07:50 PM on 12/12/11
hate5six.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
$318 has been donated to the Mazzoni Center in Philly via the sale of the hate5six shirts. Here's how the Mazzoni Center will be using these funds: http://mazzonicenter.org/contribute/donate

I can't comment on the One Hundred for Haiti donation just yet; expect an announcement in a few days. I'm really excited about how this money will be used on that front.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos