AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 41.
11:48 AM on 12/12/11
Blink-O
User Info.
I wish they'd cut some of the older radio hits (WMAA, ATSMT), simply because I doubt anyone that goes to their shows any more really cares for those songs. I've been a die-hard Blink fan since '98 and I skipped both of those songs, and generally do. The only people that could still find those songs relevant are those that only listen to Blink on the radio, and I doubt those songs are going to cause any of those fans to get a ticket to their shows any more. Think it's safe to say the real fans would prefer deeper album cuts rather than those two songs at this point.
THIS!!!

jesus... id kill to hear some enthused, does my breath smell, untitled-song or voyeur.
11:50 AM on 12/12/11
Charlieistony
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fun to watch, tom needs to actually pronounce his words instead of yelling "meeehhh!" and "glloooooah!" and whatever else happened in there.
12:06 PM on 12/12/11
Blink-O
User Info.
here's an interview from that night... pretty funny...

12:47 PM on 12/12/11
jon.
User Info.

Haha awesome interview.
12:59 PM on 12/12/11
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they recorded ALOT of the parts... the only person who didn't have to re-record anything was travis
If your talking about the mark tom and travis show your right...You can also hear where they had takin stuff out (ie. dick lips) That cd also was recorded in 99' before they even went on the "mark tom and travis tour" in 2000. I love that live cd one of my favorite live cd's next to MXPX at 930 club and AFI.

haha not that you care or anything im just sayin..
01:00 PM on 12/12/11
hburnham67
harrisonburnham
User Info.
Mark does a good job. He actually attempts to sing on tune, unlike Tom. I don't know if Tom just can't do it, or just doesn't give a shit and isn't trying hard enough because it's easier to just sound like shit versus singing on tune.
01:02 PM on 12/12/11
Basketcase
User Info.
Band is still sloppy as fuck live. Can anyone confirm or deny that they edited parts of The Mark, Tom and Travis show when it was released?

Also reminds me of seeing Green Day blow Blink 182 off the stage nearly a decade ago on the pop punk disaster tour.

really? i thought they sound a whole lot better here. in fact, i saw Blink on their reunion tour 2 years ago and they sounded awesome.

the Pop Disaster show was a huge letdown. believe me, i went and the band sounded like shit. everything went wrong with them that nite. and having Green Day perform before them did not help either because they put on an awesome show and set the bar really high.

it's cool to see them play "I Won't Be Home for X-Mas"
01:05 PM on 12/12/11
MJB12
User Info.
They should have started playing Wishing Well a long time ago. What a great song and it doesn't sound like shit live. Bummed that they dropped Ghost on the Dancefloor.

However, I completely, 100% disagree with the statement that they should play deeper album cuts live. It's a tried and true testament that songs like those just don't go over live in this day in age. That's the death of a live set, to bum it down with songs that only 10 people in the crowd know. While I think blink definitely needs a setlist refresh as they've been playing the same songs over and over, there aren't many songs they could add to the set that wouldn't entirely kill the mood. It'll help a little now that they finally have some new material to add, but a blink show without songs like What's My Age Again and All The Small Things is a blink show that people wouldn't likely attend. If they were a band that could only fill small clubs and theaters, then heck yeah, go for it. But for a band that consistently tours arenas and sheds, they have to play the songs people know.
01:17 PM on 12/12/11
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
I wish they'd cut some of the older radio hits (WMAA, ATSMT), simply because I doubt anyone that goes to their shows any more really cares for those songs. I've been a die-hard Blink fan since '98 and I skipped both of those songs, and generally do. The only people that could still find those songs relevant are those that only listen to Blink on the radio, and I doubt those songs are going to cause any of those fans to get a ticket to their shows any more. Think it's safe to say the real fans would prefer deeper album cuts rather than those two songs at this point.
WMAA is one of there best songs. Why would they cut it??
01:19 PM on 12/12/11
ibmx08
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the amount of camera angle changes is rediculous and annoying and rendered it impossible for me to watch more than a few minutes. some overly ambitious aspiring intern probably earned a chance to direct the video and just botched it
02:17 PM on 12/12/11
Sext Offender
hey bud, lets party
User Info.
Ghost On The Dance Floor > after midnight & wishing well

glad they still played Josie
02:28 PM on 12/12/11
woohoo!
There's so much room for activities
User Info.
26:50-27:00 was the best I've heard Tom sing...EVER
haha totally thought you were serious
02:42 PM on 12/12/11
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
WMAA is one of there best songs. Why would they cut it??
I love WMAA, I've listened to Blink for the better part of 12 years and that song holds so much sentimental value, that its my ringtone.
02:51 PM on 12/12/11
LightSky182
User Info.
Tom slowly getting good live again :D
03:33 PM on 12/12/11
scott!athedisco
User Info.

Hilarious interview that had me rolling, thanks for posting
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News