Username
Password
Metal News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Metal
Inside AP.net

New England Metal and Hardcore Festival 14 Announced

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (12/13/11)
The 14th annual New England Metal and Hardcore Festival will take place on April 20-22 at the Palladium in Worcester, MA. Killswitch Engage, The Black Dahlia Murder and another special guest to be announced will be headlining. Hit the replies to check out the line-up so far.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
06:49 AM on 12/13/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Press ReleaseKillswitch Engage has been confirmed as the headliner of the 14th Annual New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. The festival helped to launch the career of the Westfield, Mass., band and the festival vets went on to sign with Roadrunner Records. With over 1.5 million records sold in the United States alone and a Grammy nomination under its belt, the band will return to the NEMF stage in 2012. About this homecoming of sorts, vocalist Howard Jones said, "Yup, trouble's brewing. It’s been great to have time off, but now it’s back to business. All the guys in KsE are truly excited to be playing NEMHF again. It’s like old times: hanging out with your friends, but they have mustaches now. Come on out, bring a friend and let’s make some sweat!"

Also headlining the biggest and longest running metal festival in America for 2012 is The Black Dahlia Murder. Lead singer Trevor Strnad sums it up best: "It has always been a huge pleasure to play New England Metal And Hardcore Fest... I can't thank them enough for involving us again. Some of my fondest drunken memories are from NEMHF... I'm looking to rack up a few more!!! Come out and bang your heads til they fall off. I'll meet you by the sausage man!"

The 14th edition of the festival, which will take place the weekend of April 20-22 at the Palladium in Worcester, Mass., will also present a host of other festival vets and up-and-comers:

The lineup for for Friday April 20th includes THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, The Acacia Strain, Oceano, All Shall Perish, Nile, Skeletonwitch, Lionheart, Fleshgod Apocalypse, First Blood, Molotov Solution, The Contortionist, Reign Supreme, Conducting From The Grave, Fit For An Autopsy, Incendiary, Palehorse, Hour Of Penance, Legion and Relentless.

On Saturday April 21st we have a very special headliner that we will be announcing on January 2nd. The other bands we can confirm for Saturday are Overkill, iwrestledabearonce, Protest the Hero, Periphery, Bane, Shipwreck, Cruel Hand, Aborted, Blackguard, The Mongoloids, Belgardor, System Divide, Naysayer, The Greenery, Diamond Plate, Rotting Out, Expire, Elitist, Trump The Harlot, Manners and Malefice

Bands scheduled for Sunday April 22nd are KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, Every Time I Die, Vanna, For Today, Chelsea Grin, Sleeping Giant, Stick To Your Guns, Attila, On Broken Wings, Mychildren Mybride, For The Fallen Dreams, Texas In July, Upon A Burning Body, Volumes, Like Moths To Flames, Hundredth, No Bragging Rights, Counterparts and Gideon

"This year’s lineup came together very well and we are very proud of it,” said festival organizer Scott Lee. “New England Metal And Hardcore Festival is a fan driven festival and the bands we have put together are a good representation of that” adds John Peters - MassConcerts owner and festival co-founder.

Tickets for the festival will go on sale Friday, December 16 at 10 a.m. Ticket prices are: $40 (Friday), $45 (Saturday), and $40 (Sunday) or $115 (three-day pass).
07:31 AM on 12/13/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Always wanted to go but I don't want to go to the Boston area by myself.
07:31 AM on 12/13/11
bones jones
'rrhea
User Info.
they had me at every time i die
07:39 AM on 12/13/11
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Would love to see KE, ETID, and Vanna. Make this come to Chicago
07:43 AM on 12/13/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Always wanted to go but I don't want to go to the Boston area by myself.
Hang with me
07:45 AM on 12/13/11
Napzz
User Info.
someone pick me up at umass and we can drink 40's and slang rock all the way there
07:47 AM on 12/13/11
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
That works lol any idea on who the special guest is?
08:01 AM on 12/13/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
That works lol any idea on who the special guest is?
No idea, but a shot in the dark I'd say Slayer.
08:20 AM on 12/13/11
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I'd say hatebreed? or maybe btbam?
08:23 AM on 12/13/11
markyconnolly
User Info.
not logical, just wishful thinking, maybe the special guest is AN? few days after their other comeback shows it gets announced...that would be the shit
08:25 AM on 12/13/11
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
ETID? Might have to go now.
08:26 AM on 12/13/11
bones jones
'rrhea
User Info.
guest could be verse
08:27 AM on 12/13/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
not logical, just wishful thinking, maybe the special guest is AN? few days after their other comeback shows it gets announced...that would be the shit
Actually that's not a bad guess. God I hope so.
08:30 AM on 12/13/11
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I'd say hatebreed? or maybe btbam?
Both co headlined last year.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives