Username
Password
The Weakerthans News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Weakerthans
Inside AP.net

New John K. Samson Song/Tour Dates

Posted by: Deborah Remus (12/13/11)
The dates for John K. Samson's upcoming Canadian tour in support of Provincial can be found in the replies. You can also listen to a song titled "When I Write My Master's Thesis" here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
10:40 AM on 12/13/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Tour Dates3/7 – Kingston – The Grad Club
3/8 – Ottawa – Mavericks Bar
3/9 – Montreal – La Sala Rossa
3/18 – Hamilton – The Casbah
3/20 – London – The Aeolian Hall
3/21 – Guelph – E-Bar
3/22 – Toronto – Great Hall
3/27 – Winnipeg – West End Cultural Centre
3/28 – Regina – The Exchange
3/29 – Edmonton – The Royal Alberta Museum Theatre
3/31 – Vancouver – The Biltmore
4/13 – Calgary – The Palomino
4/14 – Saskatoon – Amigos Cantina
11:10 AM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Ahhhhh come down to Minnesota dude. It's not that faarrrrr.
11:10 AM on 12/13/11
Ciattk
User Info.
I wish I was Canadian, dammit! Also, they ruled in New York on Saturday, really really fucking great band.
11:11 AM on 12/13/11
absolution
User Info.
still buzzing from the four nights in NYC shows
11:31 AM on 12/13/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Road trip to Manitoba to see what he's singing about for yourself, haha. I know lots of people from Winnipeg who drive down to Minneapolis somewhat regularly for shopping and shows and stuff.
11:55 AM on 12/13/11
Mitch
this is water
User Info.
Wish The Weakerthans would tour here.
12:00 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Road trip to Manitoba to see what he's singing about for yourself, haha. I know lots of people from Winnipeg who drive down to Minneapolis somewhat regularly for shopping and shows and stuff.

It's a good 7-8+ I think from Minneapolis. Not to say it wouldn't be a fun trip. I haven't been to Canada either...
12:38 PM on 12/13/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
It's a good 7-8+ I think from Minneapolis. Not to say it wouldn't be a fun trip. I haven't been to Canada either...

I know, some people I know make the 8 hour drive every year, sometimes more. It's defintely doable in a day and crossing the border isn't an issue, I have a passport, but I think you can get by with an enhanced drivers license or something.

Either way, I don't mean this in a bad way, but I find it interesting how few Americans have been to Canada, especially the ones who live in the northern states. I seriously can't name anyone who hasn't been to the US at least once. The cheap American shopping probably factors into it somewhat, but still.
01:38 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I know, some people I know make the 8 hour drive every year, sometimes more. It's defintely doable in a day and crossing the border isn't an issue, I have a passport, but I think you can get by with an enhanced drivers license or something.

Either way, I don't mean this in a bad way, but I find it interesting how few Americans have been to Canada, especially the ones who live in the northern states. I seriously can't name anyone who hasn't been to the US at least once. The cheap American shopping probably factors into it somewhat, but still.

No doubt and I don't have any real reason why I haven't. The closest city from MN is Thunder Bay, so that's part of it. And to be honest, I really really want to go to Van City if I make the trek Nord. Not that there aren't other great cities, I just really want to go there.
02:20 PM on 12/13/11
SecretsFromYou
User Info.
Or Wisconsin! Both states are basically Canada anyway.
02:22 PM on 12/13/11
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.
So. Roadtrip, anyone?
02:44 PM on 12/13/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
No doubt and I don't have any real reason why I haven't. The closest city from MN is Thunder Bay, so that's part of it. And to be honest, I really really want to go to Van City if I make the trek Nord. Not that there aren't other great cities, I just really want to go there.

I can't blame you, I've never been to Vancouver, but the pictures are beautiful and I bet you'd have way more fun. I don't mind Minnesota, but I haven't been in years because I've saved money to go to states that are more to my liking, such as Colorado and California.
02:49 PM on 12/13/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I can't blame you, I've never been to Vancouver, but the pictures are beautiful and I bet you'd have way more fun. I don't mind Minnesota, but I haven't been in years because I've saved money to go to states that are more to my liking, such as Colorado and California.

Understandable. Minnesota is a great place to visit if you already know people here or if you're moving here for good. I love living in MN. Colorado is probably the only other place I'd live cause I love to board
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests