AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video Games News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Games Round-Up (12/19/11)

Posted by - 01:16 PM on 12/19/11
This week's Games Round-Up can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
01:16 PM on 12/19/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Gabriel and Anthony for putting this together:

Games Round-UpHey hey everyone, Gabriel and Anthony here with another week of game news for you all! Lots to cover, so let's get to it!

TOPICS OF THE WEEK

- What are your reactions to the VGAs hosted by Spike? What are your impressions for some of the new games announced there? Also, what games are you looking forward to getting this Christmas weekend?

THIS WEEK IN GAMING

Chrono Trigger is now available in the App Store.

For those of you looking forward to having more then one PSN account on your brand spanking new Sony Vita, it looks like you're out of luck. Sony has announced that only one account can be used on the upcoming handheld, as it is tied to the hardware.

In other Vita news, it has been reported that Vita games will ship with no physical manuals.

After an unsuccessful first launch, a shutdown of a studio and the move to free to play, APB Reloaded has become a success on Steam. 3 million people have registered in the game and plans are under way to re-release the game on store shelves with exclusive content for the paid version.

For those of you who have experienced the progress stopping bug in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Nintendo is on the case! The company is working on a patch to fix the issue and is offering customers a service to send in their SD cards or their system to the company to patch the save files in question.

For those of you who read this month's Game Informer cover story about the upcoming South Park RPG and is wondering what the mystery fifth class created by Cartman is, it is apparently "The Jew". The class is reported to be a mix of Paladin and Monk and will be "high risk, high reward".

Beware MW3 cheaters, as Infinity Ward is beginning to issue permabans that last 5000 days.

While Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD will take us back to a time when skateboard games were fun, the famous soundtracks sadly will not be a part of the experience due to licensing issues. On the plus side however, there is a ton of great up and coming punk bands that could get some exposure from the new soundtrack. What current punk bands would you like to see on the new soundtrack?

For you vinyl nerds, the original Halo soundtrack is going to be released on limited edition green vinyl.

Despite the high octane trailer for Metal Gear Rising, Hideo Kojima has confirmed that a "stealth based Metal Gear Solid" will see the light of day in the near future.

Activision has a great couple months, earning over 1 BILLION dollars from MW3. In other news, all Activision employees will be getting diamonds grills as gifts this Christmas for both them and their pets.

Contributors: anthonydarko and Viva Sonata
01:25 PM on 12/19/11
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
A quick correction, APB: Reloaded has 3 million players registered players instead of 130,000 as originally posted. That was number of users for the original release of the game, I got the numbers mixed up when I wrote it. Sorry about that!
01:25 PM on 12/19/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
A ten+ year ban? Phew.

Thanks for the roundup.
01:29 PM on 12/19/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Love the round up. Chrono Trigger is so great. The VITA is really looking like a waste of money.
01:35 PM on 12/19/11
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
A quick correction, APB: Reloaded has 3 million players registered players instead of 130,000 as originally posted. That was number of users for the original release of the game, I got the numbers mixed up when I wrote it. Sorry about that!
changed
01:38 PM on 12/19/11
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
Sucks that the tony hawk remake wont have the original soundtrack, thats pretty much the thing i was most excited about. It would be cool to see some Run For Cover or No Sleep bands on the new soundtrack though.
02:04 PM on 12/19/11
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
Love the round up. Chrono Trigger is so great. The VITA is really looking like a waste of money.
I love how people were talking about how Nintendo didn't stand a chance. It's almost as if they had forgotten about the PSP.
02:10 PM on 12/19/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I love how people were talking about how Nintendo didn't stand a chance. It's almost as if they had forgotten about the PSP.
Idk I loved my PSP when I first had it but it seems that while hardware-wise, it gets more impressive, it's behind and its support is weakening.
02:19 PM on 12/19/11
seventwenty3
User Info.
Hopefully bands like Fireworks and The Wonder Years do exclusive songs for THPS along with some good young rap like Childish Gambino. It would be cool to see bands like those get exposure through a game that will span generations.
02:49 PM on 12/19/11
InfiniteArms
Oh, the places you'll go!
User Info.
Mojang, creators of Minecraft, recently put up their new project Cobalt for pre order
03:02 PM on 12/19/11
ren
on display
User Info.
I just can't quit buying chrono trigger.
04:22 PM on 12/19/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Nintendo will always be my favorite. Own the 3 systems but DS>PSP as far as gaming went and Nintendo is the only company with the balls to try and progress in new territories of gaming. Motion gaming was once considered a joke and now Skyward Sword is a testament to their progress.
05:02 PM on 12/19/11
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
Tony Hawk remastered / remade without the original music isn't really Tony Hawk at all....
05:33 PM on 12/19/11
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
User Info.
Just bought Chrono Trigger on the PS store. Wish I would have known about this, would have held off and got it on iPod instead so I would be able to play it whenever I want. Ugh.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos