Username
Password
My Chemical Romance News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
My Chemical Romance
Inside AP.net

Projekt Revolution Tour Review

Posted by: Jared Kaufman (07/30/07)
Orange County Register has reviewed the Devore, CA stop of the Projekt Revolution Tour, featuring Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday and more.

Submitted by niyaz

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52.
07:41 AM on 07/30/07
umendevery1weno
User Info.
Quote:
singer Gerard Way hammered home the fact that, at 30, he's the current poster boy for teenage angst and awkwardness
hahahaha
07:46 AM on 07/30/07
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
I love when so called show reviewers trash every other band on tour, for the sake for the sake of trashing them, and make it completely obvious that they know very little about music or the bands they are covering.
07:49 AM on 07/30/07
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
Quote:
East Coast emo behemoths My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday played second-fiddle to Linkin Park. Both had highly predictable stage shows that won the crowd over but had me yawning.

Seriously, if the crowd is won over it's probably a good show. I hate pretentious prick reviewers that just put scene bands down to maintain an elitist position. After the Saturday of Bamboozle, when like 30,000 people stuck around to see MCR (the largest crowd for one set I've ever seen) there's no way you can call them a snore live. You couldn't even hear Gerard due to the crowd's singing, and from the few songs I watched it was very entertaining. And TBS will always be one of my favorite live bands, tho it's been some time since I've seen them live.
07:54 AM on 07/30/07
cahrishurr
thats like uh just your opinion man
User Info.
Ive been thinking about going to see this tour for The Bled.
07:57 AM on 07/30/07
sell the sunris
..is Batman
User Info.
I hate pretentious prick reviewers that just put scene bands down to maintain an elitist position.

Agreed. I found this bit of dribble to be particularly irritating:

"better than the Muse-y dark-pop of Placebo, but neither lived up to the buzz both bands have generated lately in alt-rock circles."

Yes, let's say Placebo derived a sound from a band that formed three years after Placebo's beginnings.
08:10 AM on 07/30/07
wtfmates
A
User Info.
How can the reveiwer praise Linkin Park then go on to insult every other band?

"Newport Beach's Saosin and Phoenix's the Bled, were the biggest draws, but the latter is still pumping out the same ol' machine-gun rattle while Saosin is still running on fumes from its last record."
08:15 AM on 07/30/07
dubey
trillest
User Info.
And TBS will always be one of my favorite live bands, tho it's been some time since I've seen them live.
You might want to keep it that way.
08:38 AM on 07/30/07
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
You might want to keep it that way.

I saw them a few times in support of WYWTB (which I actually like). Have they gotten worse with the release of Louder Now?
08:45 AM on 07/30/07
GiggsOho
Guns don't kill, Cedric & Omar do
User Info.
Maybe it is just me, but I keep scratching my head as to why everyone in the media is comparing the "new" Linkin Park to "early U2." If it is, in fact, like that, than why have I yet been able to get all the way thru Minutes to Midnight? I am not a HUGE fan of the band, but I like what they have done in the past, but this album has just left me with something to be desired every time I listen to it. And yet the mainstream media is ready to lump LP together with the top of the rock mountain (no pun intended) with Foo Fighters, RHCP, and Green Day. I just don't see it that at all, LP is not even close to that yet.
08:55 AM on 07/30/07
dubey
trillest
User Info.
I saw them a few times in support of WYWTB (which I actually like). Have they gotten worse with the release of Louder Now?
Yes. Fred is the only thing about their live show that's actually worth seeing.
09:06 AM on 07/30/07
Aneurisms07
User Info.

Yeah, that sums it up.
09:16 AM on 07/30/07
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.

Yeah, that sums it up.

Interesting. I thought their live show was supposed to make the Louder Now songs even better. Fred is the man though.
09:16 AM on 07/30/07
DoShutUp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just came back from the Mountain View stop last night, and it was amazing. I didn't know most of the bands on the Revolution stage (the smaller, non-main stage), but got into most of them right away. A tip for those who go: The show starts at around 12:00 (noon), but Linkin Park will end about 11:00 PM.
09:22 AM on 07/30/07
skyphoenix
One Among the Fence
User Info.
I wouldn't suggest going to a Projekt Revolution show for just one band. Especially considering the only band with decent set time on the second stage is Mindless Self Indulgence with a 50 minute set. The Bled will only play for 25-30 minutes.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests