AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mxpx News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

MxPx Reveal Album Title

Posted by - 08:15 AM on 12/20/11
MxPx's new album is titled Plans Within Plans.
From frontman Mike HerreraI struggled with this album title for a long time. I had been recording this album between tours and booking tours, studio sessions, and trying to live somewhat of a normal life. Life got in the way of that. Plans Within Plans was the only way i could describe all the mayhem that was going on behind the scenes of putting this collection of brand new songs together. I was and still am literally flying off the rails trying to juggle all the jobs that need doing to keep this ship afloat. I'm the captain going down with the ship.. but just maybe we'll make to land before we all drown.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
08:20 AM on 12/20/11
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
please let this be great
08:26 AM on 12/20/11
DarkOne
Registered Loser
User Info.
please let this be great
I need this to be a stand out album. It would be a great year for a killer record by one of my fav bands of my youth.
08:30 AM on 12/20/11
thecobrakais
the way of the fist.
User Info.
iʻm biased, but i still donʻt think these guys get the credit they deserve. the last line is heartbreaking to me. "Iʻm the captain going down with the ship.. but just maybe we'll make to land before we all drown."

canʻt wait for this album.
08:32 AM on 12/20/11
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
sounds like a good plan
09:00 AM on 12/20/11
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
Fuckin' bring it on! I love these guys.
09:18 AM on 12/20/11
Fox83
User Info.
I'm actually going to listen to Before Everything and After right now. No lie. Of all their albums, BEaA hasn't been played for the longest with me. Underrated album. I respect those that hate it, though.
09:19 AM on 12/20/11
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:33 AM on 12/20/11
fsmith84
Lock and load
User Info.
Never let me down. Each of their albums was the album I needed to hear at that stage of my life, even BEaA (I agree with whoever said it was an underrated record).

Throwing their station on Rdio right now. Can't wait for this.
09:35 AM on 12/20/11
boomer08
User Info.
I'm actually going to listen to Before Everything and After right now. No lie. Of all their albums, BEaA hasn't been played for the longest with me. Underrated album. I respect those that hate it, though.
I don't respect people who hate that album. That album was their absolute peak, but just because it's slighty different and "less punk" they get crucified for it by their "fans."
09:38 AM on 12/20/11
Fox83
User Info.
I don't respect people who hate that album. That album was their absolute peak, but just because it's slighty different and "less punk" they get crucified for it by their "fans."

I agree with you for the most part. I am from the Life In General/Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo era, so I understand the griping by fans. I feel I'm in the minority of that fan base that actually enjoyed BEEA. It was released during a great part of my life and lyrically and thematically, it did well for me.
09:50 AM on 12/20/11
theredline
Brian Gallows
User Info.
I think Buffalo is there peak. Everyone has an opinion but I think BEEA started to lose it for me. Still thought it was good, just not as good...Secret Weapon brought it back for me though...
10:00 AM on 12/20/11
failedXromance
User Info.

It's not a hate of the album. It's a hate of what many felt that album represents. From the change of sound to the guest vocals, it just wasn't mxpx.

That being said, I like The album.
10:24 AM on 12/20/11
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
BEAA was a fantastic album, but it's definitely the black sheep of all their albums. Even the band has admitted that.
10:44 AM on 12/20/11
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
BEAA is balls. Definitely excited about this record!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos