Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 863
08:53 AM on 12/22/11
mms13
should i say something sensational?
User Info.
Downloading music illegally is so awesome.
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
the only way i would take this seriously is if he has never, ever, downloaded an mp3 illegally. i'm guessing that he has, so his point is moot to me.

i don't like norma jean so he doesn't have to worry about me stealing his money, but still, he better be practicing what he preaches.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I'm 100% against illegal downloading, but the way he went about it makes him look like a cock.
Daveyhavok832
O.G.
User Info.
I don't understand why people would get upset with an artist for this type of reaction to pirating. I also don't get why people think it's okay to illegally download music and justify it by saying that bands "make all their money from touring anyway..." If you want something pay for it. He's got every right to be pissed as do all artists. You people pay $10 to see a movie once in theatres but you can't pay the same ten bucks to buy an album you'll listen to 50 times? If internet piracy was eliminated, bands like Norma Jean would be selling upwards of 500k copies per album on the low end (thats roughly 5-10 million dllars generated by the band which would help them and their labels) You're not stealing money from faceless corporations when you download illegal music by bands signed to all these indie labels, you're stealing from a record label that probably only employs 50 people and it is a big deal...

I get pissed about this topic because I know there are a number of bands that we all like that have broken up because they didn't feel like there is any money to be made in music anymore. Remember when a guy could start a family and still be a professional musician? That does not seem to be the case any longer for most and it's pretty sad. All because these kids with no jobs have to fill up a terabyte hard drive that their parents bought them with more music than they can ever listen to.
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
It's okay, brother. I've never downloaded Norma Jean songs.

Mainly because they aren't good.
NoUse2808
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very short sited opinion. If it weren't for illegal downloading I would have no idea who this bad was.. I wouldn't have gone to the show.. and I wouldn't have bought a T-shirt and I certainly wouldn't be a fan.
08:54 AM on 12/22/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
their will be atleast 2 songs on the next record about this
08:54 AM on 12/22/11
Oopz
Joe Shick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow...Really? It's more than expected that you will have your music illegally downloaded when you become part of this industry. All this guy has managed to do is make himself look like a child, and ranted the same song 1000's of other have already exhausted. He needs to just make the music and enjoy doing it, you can't stop people stealing it. btw I didn't steal any of their music, If I wanted to steal music it would be good music ;DDD
08:55 AM on 12/22/11
Tele72
User Info.
I thought everyone was over illegal downloads? I understand that the guy needs to make money but if it's really just about the music then who cares. I'm much happier seeing fans sing along at shows than buying a CD. I don't personally steal music but I can't say it's an all bad thing.
08:56 AM on 12/22/11
Afed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
But I hear that bands get next to no money from album sales anyway. If loads of people download his stuff wont they be more likely to fill out live shows and sell tasty, tasty merch?
Exactly why people won't agree with him. Most money in music comes from shows, merch, appearances and things like that. So you would think it would be better for a band to give out their free music as much as possible so fans will buy tickets to shows and merch with the money they save. I see this problem as like a church. When a preacher won't shut up about money it gets very annoying and they might lose people by making the church seem likes its all about money. However there will always be the people who just want to support their church and give to it regardless of them constantly begging for it or not. Same with bands, there will always be people who still buy their music just too support them. So I see this as a greedy band who can't adept to the future.
gianjohansen
Dead end dreams.
User Info.
If I'm not mistaken, album sales increase the support a label is willing to throw behind a band. Not selling albums is never a good thing.
Oh, makes sense. Its just he seemed to make it all about the money he lost from not getting the sale, not about the bigger picture.
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
Good thing I never bothered to listen to Norma Jean.
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
hahahahaha i'm gonna go download their entire discography then immediately delete it just to spite this toolbag

protip: if you make better music, more people will buy it
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Was he drunk typing that up?
08:57 AM on 12/22/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
lulz, somebody's butthurt

They call me Davey Jones cause I pirate the shit outta everything.

You know, I empathize withhis frustration, but come on...This is how it is now. At a point you have to deal with it and get creative. Not ever band can hire a team to strike down download links like Drake. You have to roll with the punches and accept the internet and the industry for what it is. A rant like this - and a childish one at that - is only going to make you look ignorant. People will buy your records if they want and he should be grateful that his band can sell out big venues all over the world basically.

You get to make a living off art and music...that's more than I can say while I type this from my desk everyday.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos