Username
Password
Park News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Park
Inside AP.net

Alex Haycraft Starts "Get Heard Music"

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/22/11)
Alex Haycraft (Park/ex Just Surrender) is working on a website for artists, fans, radio stations, venues, etc. called Get Heard Music. All genres welcome! The website aims to help independent artists spread their music and stay connected with other artists and fans. The website will be free for all artists - promo spots are open for any artists but are on a first come first serve basis. Promos will change once a week. Click on 'Get Featured' to submit your request. Feel free to leave comments/recommendations in the contact area.

The website will feature Ladd Mitchell's (Park) new project Tiger Tank in the near future.

Submitted by alexhaycraft

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
11:50 AM on 12/22/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Damnit Ladd I need you back.
11:52 AM on 12/22/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Pretty neat
11:57 AM on 12/22/11
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
What did this guy do in Park and Just Surrender/A Second Chance?

One of those bands was pretty weak, one pretty good, strange to be involved in both..
12:03 PM on 12/22/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
What did this guy do in Park and Just Surrender/A Second Chance?

One of those bands was pretty weak, one pretty good, strange to be involved in both..
He played bass in Park.
12:05 PM on 12/22/11
Davey_Owens
User Info.
Cool. Not a fan of that song that keeps popping up, but that's easily fixed.
12:15 PM on 12/22/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Damnit Ladd I need you bad.
*back, though I do love you for the reference.
12:17 PM on 12/22/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Fixed. Gracias.
12:48 PM on 12/22/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Was gonna sign up but you gotta be a member first. All like ehhhhh.
12:55 PM on 12/22/11
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
So, basically PureVolume redux?
01:18 PM on 12/22/11
alexhaycraft
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So, basically PureVolume redux?

Exactly, but back in 2003 when the website first came out. We don't want to take anything away from Purevolume because that website is still to this day amazing. We'd like to bring back artist networking to the time when what label you are on and who you are touring with doesn't gauge who your fans are. I've personally been on both sides of the spectrum - playing shows to play music and playing shows to sell records. I can honestly say I'd rather play the music I enjoyed instead of playing music to sell a copy of a cd (and I'm not putting down either band I was in!). We're trying to bring back the DYI, work hard and play hard artists I feel like are hard to come by these days. GHM will hopefully allow bands who may not have had the chance to network together to interact. Plus, it's another reason for me to get back into music after finishing up school :) Let me know what you guys think - I'd really appreciate any suggestions and comments.
01:40 PM on 12/22/11
alexhaycraft
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Was gonna sign up but you gotta be a member first. All like ehhhhh.

Fixed that!
02:00 PM on 12/22/11
DarkOne
Registered Loser
User Info.
I really thought myspace was great for artists for a while in it's hayday. It was awesome to have an online community so large that had people that were actually interested in checking your band out. I'm from the STL area and prior to myspace we had an area site called STLpunk that most anybody in our area was a part of, even if you weren't in a band. It was the first time I ever was on a site that allowed you to make a custom profile and connect with friends in the area, as well as get to hear area bands and know what all shows were going on. Myspace got all gummed up with spam making it harder to connect with genuine fans. Most people now are on facebook, but I feel like myspace was more music with social networking and facebook is more social networking with music. I don't really like facebook for promoting music, though I do like soundcloud and like that I can post soundcloud songs through facebook. GetHeardMusic seems cool. Hope it can grow and develop into a community where artists can find connection with genuine fans. Also, I never cared much for Reverb Nation, though it seems like they have a lot of "tools" for artists. So many sites are gimiky and promise to help expose you...

Alex is a down to earth guy that has a genuine love for music. Perhaps his site will be what I'm looking for?
02:14 PM on 12/22/11
alexhaycraft
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really thought myspace was great for artists for a while in it's hayday. It was awesome to have an online community so large that had people that were actually interested in checking your band out. I'm from the STL area and prior to myspace we had an area site called STLpunk that most anybody in our area was a part of, even if you weren't in a band. It was the first time I ever was on a site that allowed you to make a custom profile and connect with friends in the area, as well as get to hear area bands and know what all shows were going on. Myspace got all gummed up with spam making it harder to connect with genuine fans. Most people now are on facebook, but I feel like myspace was more music with social networking and facebook is more social networking with music. I don't really like facebook for promoting music, though I do like soundcloud and like that I can post soundcloud songs through facebook. GetHeardMusic seems cool. Hope it can grow and develop into a community where artists can find connection with genuine fans. Also, I never cared much for Reverb Nation, though it seems like they have a lot of "tools" for artists. So many sites are gimiky and promise to help expose you...

Alex is a down to earth guy that has a genuine love for music. Perhaps his site will be what I'm looking for?

I appreciate this man! This is exactly what we're going for - a way for bands to not only connect with fans but to connect to each other, without all the crap that comes with a giant website. I remember thinking to myself, "Man, it would be cool to tour with insert band name, I know they dig my band so let's get their email and make this happen!" Then you realize shit, we need to talk to their manager about money, venue sizes, guarantees, how many cases of beer they will be getting, blah blah blah. We want artists to be able to get in touch with each other on a more social level, rather than being CC'd on your managers tour proposal.
02:28 PM on 12/22/11
drftstosilence
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It would be cool to aim the site at other types of musicians as well, such as up-and-coming DJs and maybe people that are just into guitar, bass, drums, etc. For instance, how many people are in an unsigned band VS. how many kids wish they were in a band, just bought a guitar or some music software, and are trying to make beats and songs. This way you reach the Guitar Center crowd and kids that usually go to blogs rather than specifically people in unsigned bands. It also depends on how much traffic you want to get...if you focus primarily on bands and their fans, you're getting the same crowd as Purevolume. It would be beneficial to also focus on artists (or solo acts) seeing as how there are very few bands on popular radio right now. Meaning that for those many millions of radio listeners, bands seem to be irrelevant. I guess just think big picture and outside of what is relevant on this website.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums