Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Under the Mistletoe with Saud Ahmed

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (12/23/11)
Listen to The Crimson Armada frontman Saud Ahmed's cover of Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe" here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
07:05 AM on 12/23/11
deadjean
Tie Me Up! Untie Me!
User Info.
I'm at work so I can't hear this. but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a good thing...
07:52 AM on 12/23/11
xhmnimx
They made me do it.
User Info.
Wasn't expecting that.
08:08 AM on 12/23/11
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i like
09:50 AM on 12/23/11
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
He's actually a fantastic vocalist.
12:27 PM on 12/23/11
Clintoto
thefifties.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Curse this "shawty" character
04:14 PM on 12/23/11
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
LMAO at this guy's other song titles.
02:21 AM on 12/24/11
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Fuck this band so hard. Scum of the earth. I admit that they do have talent but they don't deserve any of the success that they're seeing.
why?
09:45 AM on 12/24/11
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Fuck this band so hard. Scum of the earth. I admit that they do have talent but they don't deserve any of the success that they're seeing.

Explain?

As far as the song goes... Stick to the heavy, guy.
01:39 PM on 12/24/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
You can't just make that claim without any attempt at backing it up.

For the record, they've always been cool in the interactions I've had with them.
09:25 PM on 12/25/11
mattTWIM
User Info.
First of all, listen to their first CD, then their second.

Now explanation:

In 2008 they tried to start something that was called "Life Metal" which was like death metal with positive lyrics, their motto was "Positive, Poison Free Posse." They got signed to Metal Blade and were developing a pretty loyal fanbase but it was nowhere near as booming as their friends in Attack Attack and Miss May I. Rather than continue growing as a band they decided to turn into the shitty risecore band that they are now with 2 original members that rips off anything that is popular in the scene (Emmure uptalk vocals, Attack Attack breakdowns, A Day To Remember chorus, high singing vocals etc). In the beginning they wrote religious lyrics that were pretty well written, now they dumbed down their religious lyrics to the point that a 12 year old could write at bible camp. And after they decided to change their musical styles they tried to say that they're "Not Christian" but still write ALL of their lyrics about Christianity and religion, and their music video is them getting wasted and force feeding a cop alcohol. When Saud got criticized for their change in styles he made a band called "The Holy Guile" which was musically very similar to their first album, only the lyrics are all talking shit about Christians. At first he was like "This music sucks and is boring we will never play shows" but when people started to like it he was like "Would anyone want to come to a Holy Guile show?" He flip flops more than a politician and is simply in it to be popular and get money. I'm not religious or poison free but I don't like them changing their beliefs so drastically so often and even after they kept saying they were not a christian band they released a cd with strictly christian lyrics. They're talented and can write well, I actually really enjoy The Holy Guile's EP musically, but I have no respect for them.
11:57 PM on 12/27/11
mattTWIM
User Info.
scum of the earth was probably pretty harsh. i dont really know the guys personally but ive followed them since before they were on metal blade and its just kinda sad to see what they've turned into
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests