Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:46 AM on 12/28/11
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
User Info.
not to sound cynical, and I'm pretty far removed from this band myself but I just think this is one of the worst ways to promote your music I've ever seen. what happened to the love of playing? if his ep isn't #1 on itunes he's quitting punchline and the bass? first it sounds childish. second it's like any sportsplayer vowing to quit their sport if they don't win the championship AND league MVP, or any actor vowing this is their last movie if they don't get the academy award. stupid.

at least do something constructive like try to trend on twitter or something. that's marketing. threatening your fans that if they don't buy your music you're quitting is some sort of blackmail bullshit.
02:00 PM on 12/28/11
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
User Info.
Joke or not, it really doesn't matter so much that I'm upset about.

I'm just saying, if it's a joke, it's a poor one, and in the end calling it a joke is just attempting to thinly veil the obvious implications of the message which are "buy my EP or else I'll quit." Adding a "JK" to the end of the statement doesn't really clear away the threat.

Now, I completely agree with Chris, that bands like Punchline, although I do not listen to them in particular, DESERVE and SHOULD BE in the top ten on Itunes more than LMFAO etc.

That being said, this is not the way to do it. Joke or not, threatening to quit making music cause you're not number 1 in sales on Itunes is childish.
02:17 PM on 12/28/11
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
User Info.
If you've ever met Punchline, you'd get it. He's not threatening. I thought it was funny. It's called sarcasm, people are sarcastic all the time.
I agree with you that he is typically a jovial guy and while I don't always get his sense of humor I have a sincere feeling he is not joking, or else all of his friends on facebook are in on the joke too, posting things like:

"Chris genuinely loves playing bass in Punchline, and has devoted the past 14 years of his life to doing what he loves. When I saw his posts about quitting playing bass if they don't reach number one next week, I assumed they were fake threats, Quinterview-style, but he has unfortunately assured me that that is not the case this time. Chris and the other members have tried for so long to make something big happen, and with the show on Fox (airing on January 4th at 9 o'clock), and the release of their new songs, they're really hopeful that this will create enough momentum so things will go their way this time."

"Chris Fafalios I am 100% serious. I hope I haven't screwed myself here.
17 hours ago · Like"

He's stated in several/a few posts on his facebook already that unfortunately this isn't a joke, it's just not working out. Which, sorry, if something isn't working out this isn't the way to fix it!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums