Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
11:39 AM on 12/28/11
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
12:26 PM on 12/28/11
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Am I the only one that doesn't view this as shameless promotion or whatever everyone's calling it in here? Punchline are great dudes and can get to the number one spot. Would it be any different than someone working a job saying, "If I don't get the promotion I'm quitting and finding a new job?" Because stuff like that happens every day, yet for some reason, people are making this out like Chris is bad for doing this.
The big difference is that at a normal job, your employer can give you the promotion, and the employer pays the consequences if you quit. In this situation, his employer is the band/label/whatever, and he's asking the CONSUMERS to "give him the promotion". A more accurate comparison would be someone at a company working on commission wanting to be top salesman, and telling everyone to buy from him to make him top salesman or he'll quit.

Either way, I'm not a fan of the band, and I'm sure it'd be great if they got #1, but this doesn't seem like a very mature way to reach #1.
01:54 PM on 12/28/11
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
If it's a joke, I didn't laugh, but I guess it's a nice try?
12:48 PM on 12/29/11
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Or Thrice. It'd be a different story. "This band never gets the support they deserve! Let's take over the charts!"

If this isn't a joke, and if Chris is being serious, I'll never see the issue with setting a goal and leaving the band for not attaining that goal.
If he's serious, I wouldn't blame him. But still, to announce it like that? He could've just kept quiet and done it if the album didn't reach #1 instead of using it the way he is (potentially).
01:04 PM on 12/29/11
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
I guess he figured an advance statement, this way he may have a shot to get to #1, which would be awesome for them being entirely independent and all. I just view it as a huge goal he set, and has enough faith in his fanbase to help him get it. Willing it's true.
I just think that, if it happens this time, it won't happen again. It may happen once, but he can't keep that going for continued releases, so what's the point of threatening for this one? It'll make sales peak, and then things will go back to the way they've always been. It doesn't seem like that's for anything but short-term attention. If it were about his career itself, he probably should've quit already just because he won't hit #1 for every album he releases from here doing this.
01:22 PM on 12/29/11
Dustin Harkins
User Info.
Probably because it'd be nice just so say you hit #1, at some point in your career
True. Just doesn't seem like he'd be hitting it with integrity. I mean, musically he definitely would, I'm sure. But if years from now, people wonder how it happen, and hear "Oh, he threatened to quit if they didn't," it makes it sound like a lot less of an accomplishment.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests