Username
Password
Punchline News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 143.
11:51 AM on 12/28/11
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i'm going to try to get a screenshot of them in this place haha.
11:52 AM on 12/28/11
cwhit412
User Info.
hahahah I love Chris and the rest of the band.
11:59 AM on 12/28/11
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
not to sound cynical, and I'm pretty far removed from this band myself but I just think this is one of the worst ways to promote your music I've ever seen. what happened to the love of playing? if his ep isn't #1 on itunes he's quitting punchline and the bass? first it sounds childish. second it's like any sportsplayer vowing to quit their sport if they don't win the championship AND league MVP, or any actor vowing this is their last movie if they don't get the academy award. stupid.

at least do something constructive like try to trend on twitter or something. that's marketing. threatening your fans that if they don't buy your music you're quitting is some sort of blackmail bullshit.
Pretty much this.
12:03 PM on 12/28/11
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
This guy sounds like a huge egotistical dick.
12:07 PM on 12/28/11
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Love these guys but I don't think this is the right way to get people to buy your EP.
12:09 PM on 12/28/11
Greg
User Info.
wow. what a buzzkill all you kids are.

I don't know how serious it really is, but it's honestly time for Punchline fans to put up or shut up. if you are a fan, this is the time to support them. I know I will be buying the EP and probably gifting it to a couple friends as well (depending on the pricing). As well, I will be posting about it everywhere. That's all I can do.

Do your part.
12:10 PM on 12/28/11
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
I wish you luck in your future endeavors, Chris.
12:17 PM on 12/28/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I love this band. Sure hope they make it.
12:23 PM on 12/28/11
uglystar03
User Info.
wow. what a buzzkill all you kids are.

I don't know how serious it really is, but it's honestly time for Punchline fans to put up or shut up. if you are a fan, this is the time to support them. I know I will be buying the EP and probably gifting it to a couple friends as well (depending on the pricing). As well, I will be posting about it everywhere. That's all I can do.

Do your part.
Yup. This.
12:26 PM on 12/28/11
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Am I the only one that doesn't view this as shameless promotion or whatever everyone's calling it in here? Punchline are great dudes and can get to the number one spot. Would it be any different than someone working a job saying, "If I don't get the promotion I'm quitting and finding a new job?" Because stuff like that happens every day, yet for some reason, people are making this out like Chris is bad for doing this.
The big difference is that at a normal job, your employer can give you the promotion, and the employer pays the consequences if you quit. In this situation, his employer is the band/label/whatever, and he's asking the CONSUMERS to "give him the promotion". A more accurate comparison would be someone at a company working on commission wanting to be top salesman, and telling everyone to buy from him to make him top salesman or he'll quit.

Either way, I'm not a fan of the band, and I'm sure it'd be great if they got #1, but this doesn't seem like a very mature way to reach #1.
12:28 PM on 12/28/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
not to sound cynical, and I'm pretty far removed from this band myself but I just think this is one of the worst ways to promote your music I've ever seen. what happened to the love of playing? if his ep isn't #1 on itunes he's quitting punchline and the bass? first it sounds childish. second it's like any sportsplayer vowing to quit their sport if they don't win the championship AND league MVP, or any actor vowing this is their last movie if they don't get the academy award. stupid.

at least do something constructive like try to trend on twitter or something. that's marketing. threatening your fans that if they don't buy your music you're quitting is some sort of blackmail bullshit.

/thread
12:29 PM on 12/28/11
seanthethief
User Info.
I don't know the band, but I'm buying a copy of this album because this is a damn ballsy move.
12:36 PM on 12/28/11
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Chris is far from a dick. You should all buy the ep if only to make sure no talent ass clowns like rhianna lmfao and bruno mars dont take that #1 spot next week!
12:42 PM on 12/28/11
UrNotAMachine
User Info.
Wow. He sounds like a whiny bitch. I like his music but threatening to quit is a shitty tactic.
12:48 PM on 12/28/11
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Telling me I should support this band because they're not rihanna or bruno mars is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard.

Quitting your instrument because you don't sell enough records? Get the fuck out of here. Put your bass down then, kid.

The internet has now ruined musicians as well as music.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums