Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
09:19 AM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
Solid review.

Just curious, what previous albums of theirs have you listened to? Because you say "In their previous albums, guitar work was relatively minimal". I really like their album before this, "The Sirens Sound", but it's as guitar-centric as any post-rock album you're likely to hear.
09:27 AM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
Also, I believe the record label is Sister Jack Records, not the band name
10:44 AM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
I enjoyed this album quite a lot. Great review as always.

I guess The Sirens Sound music blog was named after their previous album? Haha.
Haha, I'm not sure! Is The Sirens Sound blog a post-rock one then?
10:54 AM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
It was mostly Systembreakdown, but I think the guitars are more prevalent in this as opposed to The Sirens Sound as well.
We might have to agree to disagree then. But I think in "The Sirens Sound" the guitars were the dominant (aggressively so) feature of their sound in the sense that the songs all went for the soaring guitar-driven crescendo, whereas here it's much more cinematic and there's more space for other areas of their sound to come forward.
10:56 AM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
11:03 AM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
Yep! They discover new (to me at least) post-rock bands at a ridiculous rate, I'd recommend it since I see you post on post-rock albums a lot.
Awesome, I will check it out. Thanks
04:04 PM on 12/29/11
tottivillarossi
rockfreaks.net
User Info.
Are you sure that's not region-specific? Usually bands want the record label assigned to a particular region which the particular website that is reviewing the album caters to. I wouldn't be too surprised if they had to self-release it in North America.
How did you acquire the album? I'm fairly certain the download is through Sister Jack Records, the physical is distributed via Cargo Records. As far as I'm aware, the album, so far, has only had a European release - you've even used the European release date. If Amazon and iTunes, too, used that release date, then it's probable that they didn't know the labels Sister Jack/Cargo, and filled the missing information with the band's name for the sake of it.

For what it's worth, the band's own site lists Sister Jack as the official label, and lists the price with the American dollar, despite being from Germany.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests