Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43
04:22 PM on 12/29/11
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
Wow, TEN sound really tight considering they haven't played together in so long. And like a few others have mentioned, this straight up looks like a vid from 2004 with how much people are freaking out.

That has been one of the best parts of these reunion shows. I went to two of them so far, and the crowds at both have been absolutely phenomenal. It's great. We're all kids again, ha.
04:34 PM on 12/29/11
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.

Sorry, that had to be done. Anyway, the line was an homage to The Get Up Kids, taken from their song No Love. TGUK's whiny label wasn't having it. Long story short: the law got involved. Money was paid. TEN can no longer use the line.
Ah I see
05:23 PM on 12/29/11
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
Dammit that TEN show would have been a whole lot of fun.

/jealous
07:31 PM on 12/29/11
Sext Offender
hey bud, lets party
User Info.
no "no good at saying sorry"
08:20 PM on 12/29/11
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
Sweet, always love your videos.
09:50 PM on 12/29/11
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
Hostage Calm should seriously get so much praise than they do
07:04 AM on 12/30/11
wakeupgomer
Just here for the drinks.
User Info.
Alex, thank you as always for the great videos of great bands. I watched the entire set (twice)...only got to see TEN once when they played at Florida State. Even though it was a short set, it stands out as one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

And as for Ace without the guitar: he's still awesome. Although, I wanted to start chanting "NEW JERSEY FIST PUMPS!" at one point. It's just nice to see the passion still in the music for these guys.
08:56 AM on 12/30/11
tippy325
User Info.
The lack of love for Hostage Calm in this thread is wack.
I agree with you! HC put on just as good a show as Man Overboard...I've just started listening to them and I'm really enjoying it!

Pittsburgh, honestly, was disappointing for me. For each act, the crowd was nearly dead, expect a small group of us right at the front shoving and screaming the lyrics at the bands. I nearly became sick to my stomach when I looked around during MO's "Love Your Friends, Die Laughing" and absolutely no one was jumping or showing any bit of energy. It was like the crowd was "too good" to have fun...Fucking ridiculous.

But really. Do people not jump around--I'm not even saying mosh-- at alternative concerts like this one? Shit, Warped Tour and ADTR's headliner were insane with great tunes and excited fans. What's the deal? :/
10:42 AM on 12/30/11
Truman122
Gandhi On Ice
User Info.
I didn't watch the video, so maybe he didn't there. But I have seen it happen before.
11:23 AM on 12/30/11
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I didn't watch the video, so maybe he didn't there. But I have seen it happen before.

Well. It's not helping. Hahaha
10:49 PM on 01/01/12
sjdubz
Sarah Jane
User Info.
I agree with you! HC put on just as good a show as Man Overboard...I've just started listening to them and I'm really enjoying it!

Pittsburgh, honestly, was disappointing for me. For each act, the crowd was nearly dead, expect a small group of us right at the front shoving and screaming the lyrics at the bands. I nearly became sick to my stomach when I looked around during MO's "Love Your Friends, Die Laughing" and absolutely no one was jumping or showing any bit of energy. It was like the crowd was "too good" to have fun...Fucking ridiculous.

But really. Do people not jump around--I'm not even saying mosh-- at alternative concerts like this one? Shit, Warped Tour and ADTR's headliner were insane with great tunes and excited fans. What's the deal? :/
The majority of people at the show in Pittsburgh were only there for The Early November. So I'm going to assume not many people were singing along to Man Overboard because they didn't have any clue who they were. While Man Overboard and Hostage Calm were good, did you look around during The Early November? It was amazing. Not the biggest, most exciting crowd I've been to for The Early November but the energy around me was fucking ridiculous, in a good way.
I'm going to assume you're young because you obviously did not embrace how amazing The Early November was.
You were more worried by how the crowd was "too good" to have fun.
Go ahead and be sick to your stomach by the crowds at the shows you go to.
I had a fucking blast and I know a lot of other people did too.
Sorry I didn't waste time and learn the opening bands songs before the show, I'm not 16 years old.
06:21 PM on 01/02/12
irememberhallow
User Info.
I appreciated this greatly :'D
02:42 PM on 01/06/12
vaffancul0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Wait...so now you can't be into a band's performance unless you're "jumping around"? Grow up. We weren't watching A Day to Remember- thank god, because that band is a fucking atrocity to music, but we were watching The Early November. Two completely different bands, two completely different styles of music. Don't compare them. 90% of that crowd was there for The Early November, and if you would've pulled you're head out of your ass, you would've noticed the immense amount of love for THAT band in the entire crowd. Everyone sang along and had a great time. I'm sorry you're "too good" for OUR crowd. Go watch you're shitty ass "alternative" shows and don't post shit online when you have no idea what you're even talking about.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos