Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
12:03 AM on 12/31/11
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Awfully nice to see bands exploiting their fan base <_<

Seriously, if you are strapped for cash to the extent that you legitemetly need more money to continue functioning as a band, start a kicktarter or reach out to your fans asking for help. But this just rubs me the wrong way. It feels way more like "I'm bored with what I'm currently doing and need an ego boost" than "I'm broke with what I'm currently doing and need a cash boost"

Should be fun to watch what happens when they come up short though. Does he actually follow through or does he magically have a "change of heart"?
12:14 AM on 12/31/11
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
blah blah blah. i ain't exploitin' SH*T clucky! just tryin' to make somethin' happen, and be able to afford to keep putting out music. i don't need a cash boost, cluck face! any money from sales would go straight toward recording new music, not toward me buying a tv, DINGUS.
Then why not use kickstarter where you can actually be upfront and honest about how much you need to record the next record? Gives people an actual goal to work towards too instead of just going "Well its currently 12th. Time to keep begging my friends to buy the record so that it hopefully moves up another spot". You claim your goal is making enough money to keep making music but its currently achieve a certain level of popularity. If being popular is your goal than this seems like a perfectly reasonable stunt. But if you really are just trying to make enough money to keep making music, why not make that your goal instead?
12:24 AM on 12/31/11
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
i'm not really beggin'. i'm askin', and gettin' the word out. sometimes you just have to ask the world for something. i am very happy with the songs. i hope people like them. i would love to play them on bass for the rest of my life.
Why do you need to get number one on iTunes to keep playing bass for them? Its not like getting number 1 on iTunes means your band is financially viable, while not getting number 1 on itunes means it isn't. Sure they are related, but they still are inherently different.

Also the 'begging' line wasn't in reference to what you're doing, but instead to what I'm sure some fans will resort to doing to try and help boost you guys to number 1.
12:38 AM on 12/31/11
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
It's just the goal I set. I like to set my goals high. I want to see what people think of the songs!
My point was that if you really do want to keep making music with Punchline, you can do so even if you don't hit number 1 on itunes (even if you probably couldn't if the songs don't sell anything). Its a false dichotomy and it seems wrong to abuse it.

But you've obviously made up your mind about this. So even though I don't necessarily agree with the move I'll still wish you best of luck. Hopefully for your sake you'll hit number one without alienating much of your current fan base =) Given the response of a lot of the people on this thread, your fans seem fairly supportive so you probably have nothing to worry about
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests