AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Dangerous Summer, The - If You Could Only Keep Me Alive Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.75
Musicianship 7
Lyrics 6
Production 7.5
Creativity 5.5
Lasting Value 6
Reviewer Tilt 6.5
Final Verdict: 66%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.97
Musicianship 9.04
Lyrics 9.2
Production 8.89
Creativity 9.02
Lasting Value 9.29
Reviewer Tilt 9.29
Average: 91%
Inside AP.net

Dangerous Summer, The - If You Could Only Keep Me Alive

Reviewed by: Russ Hockenbury (08/03/07)
The Dangerous SummerIf You Could Only Keep Me Alive
Label: Hopeless Records
Release Date: August 21, 2007

Who:

Maryland teenagers that play surprisingly non-threatening pop-rock. You’ve heard this before, but you’ll still eat it up.

How is it?:

The Baltimore area is “dangerously” close to typecasting itself with acts like this one. The good news is that If You Could Only Keep Me Alive has more teeth than a lot of other recent Maryland/Virginia exports. Though, they’re more like puppy teeth. They have some bite, but ultimately don’t do too much damage.

California Dreamin’: “Home”

I blame Julia Conny: All Time Low, American Diary, Dropout Year

www.myspace.com/dangeroussummer

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 78
10:58 PM on 08/03/07
timbale
www.SOROKAPRODUCTIONS.com
User Info.
thats the worst excuse for a review
11:08 PM on 08/03/07
meganxcaroline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thats the worst excuse for a review

agreed.
11:12 PM on 08/03/07
btaub
User Info.
loveeee how you didn't even explain yourself...

what kind of name is Russ anyways?
11:13 PM on 08/03/07
Punk-Style_182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Band should come to Australia!
11:19 PM on 08/03/07
xstarsxgoxboomx
Theresa Smith
User Info.
that is she stupidest fucking review ever
11:20 PM on 08/03/07
Russ Hockenbury
with special guest
User Info.
Hmm, obviously none of you are familiar with the Once Overs that we post EVERY Saturday. This is the format for those types of reviews. Alternative Press does it today, sparingly. They used to do it a lot more in a section they called Sounds Scanned. Rockingthescene used to call a similar section, Matt's High Horse.

I'm glad you like generic pop-rock bands with manicured hair and clothing endorsements, but critically I can't say the same. Thanks for reading, Dangerous Summer street team.
11:26 PM on 08/03/07
timbale
www.SOROKAPRODUCTIONS.com
User Info.
I'm glad you like generic pop-rock bands with manicured hair and clothing endorsements, but critically I can't say the same. Thanks for reading, Dangerous Summer street team.

Hmm... get your shit straight.
11:28 PM on 08/03/07
meganxcaroline
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hmm, obviously none of you are familiar with the Once Overs that we post EVERY Saturday. This is the format for those types of reviews. Alternative Press does it today, sparingly. They used to do it a lot more in a section they called Sounds Scanned. Rockingthescene used to call a similar section, Matt's High Horse.

uhh were you talking to me?
11:51 PM on 08/03/07
ManicanParty49
Rob Carey Peterson
User Info.
I've heard quite a few songs off this, and I like it a lot. But I respect your opinion Russ. Since it's only a once over, could you just post a comment explaining why you think what you think a bit? I'm interested to understand what you didn't enjoy.
12:15 AM on 08/04/07
HeadSock
User Info.
Being that this is the first time Ive heard of the term "once over" Im assuming that you gave it one listen. That being said, I think its very hard to give a definitive score after one listen. Albums/EPs can grow or wear on you after a few listens.

I fell in love with Permanent Rain after one listen, liked the rest but I eventually grew to love them.

I saw these guys Thursday night in the shadiest venue ever. Theyve been having some trailer and van difficulty which is unfortunate. We were apparently their biggest crowd west of the Mississippi or something (all 16 of us).
12:38 AM on 08/04/07
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
How is this my fault??!!

You make me laugh. :-D

I do, however, really like TDS, but I am a bit biased for a bunch of reasons. I thought this EP was pretty good. A little too slick production-wise for me, though.
12:47 AM on 08/04/07
ManicanParty49
Rob Carey Peterson
User Info.
How is this my fault??!!

You make me laugh. :-D

I do, however, really like TDS, but I am a bit biased for a bunch of reasons. I thought this EP was pretty good. A little too slick production-wise for me, though.

I think the opening song is awesome, and I thought it wasn't too produced or anything like that. I don't know, I really like the songs on this. Disconnect is great too, but it's a bit more produced.
03:15 AM on 08/04/07
allisterkid
here since blink fansite
User Info.
Poor review. No detail at all and most "once over" reviews have more info than this at least.

Also, I always assumed "once over" meant that it was an older album being reviewed, but clearly I was wrong.
05:32 AM on 08/04/07
alilbravetoaste
http://www.thefairweathered.com/
User Info.
eh the five songs i've heard from the cd are really good, i thought.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums