AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 53
12:29 PM on 01/02/12
gold soundz
User Info.
Calling K8 Ms. Piggy is a serious asshole move. There are so many reasons why the bamboozle should not have a stage at the lanes. While the festival might do a lot of good to bring some revenue to Asbury, this isn't true for a small venue like the lanes. This dude is a dick and if he wants to vent in a public forum (a website he owns, where the article will mainly be read by kids who aren't even old enough to get into Punk nite at the lanes) he is just going to make himself look even more pathetic. Sadly, his immature actions will most likely go unpunished.
End thread/
12:34 PM on 01/02/12
harveyn590
User Info.
I wish there was a festival happening that was more like the original. Bamboozle has just become so huge. It's expensive. The headliners are giants. It's so intimidating. I actually LIKE to see the smaller bands play on bigger stages. Small to mid-level bands simply just try harder. They usually put on a better show too. Bamboozle used to have tons of that. I wish I could see more of that on Warped again as well.

back to Jam bands?
12:38 PM on 01/02/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Just mad I wasn't called a muppet name. The muppets rule. I'll just keep the theme going ... he's coming across like Tex Richman in almost everything this year.
01:32 PM on 01/02/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
This John D doucher sounds like a HUGE baby. What's his deal?
This. "Well worth everyone's time"? No one cares about your whiney contract dispute.
01:45 PM on 01/02/12
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
I have a very low opinion of this guy, just from what I've heard about him so far.
02:04 PM on 01/02/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Exactly. Nope.
03:09 PM on 01/02/12
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
Just mad I wasn't called a muppet name. The muppets rule. I'll just keep the theme going ... he's coming across like Tex Richman in almost everything this year.
Haha, this. John D has thrown one hissyfit after another this year.
04:16 PM on 01/02/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.

In the news today, John D. had another fit.
04:34 PM on 01/02/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Yea... Not a fan of John D.
04:41 PM on 01/02/12
donwagenblast
@mylifeisdon
User Info.
wah wah wah
05:09 PM on 01/02/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
What the hell? FSU has caused nothing but violence and trouble. Why would any public function encourage their presence?

Like it or not, FSU rid the hardcore scenes in Philly, Boston and the west coast when the neo-Nazis chased out the punks in the early '90s. They're known for being loyal and will make sure no one fucks with them, so I guess people see them as good security. Kinda how some people pay Hell's Angels to do security.

That's not an FSU defense, because they're still violent criminals.
05:25 PM on 01/02/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
The D stands for Douche.
05:40 PM on 01/02/12
shibler5
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why would you say that? Asbury lanes is one of, if not the best venue in NJ. Shows are always all ages,they have a great bar, re-entry, an awesome snack bar and consistently host great touring bands for $10.
I don't care how successful John is, he is an asshole and as unprofessional as it gets.
Ego, money and power is what that guy is about.
I agree, great venue and price for all shows
05:59 PM on 01/02/12
overitsi22
User Info.
I wish there was a festival happening that was more like the original. Bamboozle has just become so huge. It's expensive. The headliners are giants. It's so intimidating. I actually LIKE to see the smaller bands play on bigger stages. Small to mid-level bands simply just try harder. They usually put on a better show too. Bamboozle used to have tons of that. I wish I could see more of that on Warped again as well.
This

I went to this when it was called the Skate and Surf Festival and it was awesome, went the first year it was Bamboozle and again had a great time, haven't been back since. I completely agree with your small to mid level bands being better to watch, it's just more fun.
07:25 PM on 01/02/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
This John D doucher sounds like a HUGE baby. What's his deal?
He's just a huge baby. Hahaha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version