AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Emanuel News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Emanuel Recording Acoustic EP And Record Release Shows

Posted by - 10:56 AM on 08/04/07
Emanuel will be recording an acoustic EP with acoustic versions of four songs on their new album Black Earth Tiger: "Cottonmouth," "My Antapex," "Scenotaph" and "Whiteflag (reprise)." The EP will be a bonus for fans that pre-order the album from interpunk and will not be sold in stores (except for select indie stores listed below). The band also has announced some September record release shows, after their four-week tour with The Receiving End of Sirens which starts next week. The band will be touring the US again in November.

Dates8/10 - Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar
8/11 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Peppermint Beach Club
8/12 - Greensboro, NC @ Green Street Club
8/14 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
8/15 - Orlando, FL @ The Social
8/16 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Ray's Downtown Blues
8/17 - Tampa, FL @ Orpheum
8/18 - Jacksonville, FL @ The Imperial
8/20 - Dallas, TX @ The Door
8/21 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
8/22 - San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
8/24 - Tempe, AZ @ The Sets
8/25 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
8/26 - San Diego, CA @ Soma
8/28 - Los Angeles, CA @ Troubador
8/29 - San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill
8/30 - Orangevale, CA @ Boardwalk
8/31 - Portland, OR @ Rock N Roll Pizza
9/1 - Seattle, WA @ Bumbershoot Festival
9/3 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Avalon Theatre
9/4 - Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
9/6 - Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club
9/7 - Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
9/8 - Detroit, MI @ Shelter
9/9 - Cleveland Hts, OH @ Grog Shop
9/11 - Columbus, OH @ The Basement
9/12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Small's Theatre
9/13 - New York, NY @ Highline Ballroom
9/15 - Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom

Headling CD Release shows

9/22 - Louisville, KY @ Headliner's
9/23 - Covington, KY @ The Madhatter

Independent Retail Stores carrying Limited Edition Acoustic EPEar X-tacy
1534 Bardstown Rd
Louisville, KY 40205

Vintage Vinyl
51 Lafayette Rd
Fords, NJ 08863

Looney Tunes
31 Brookvale Ave
West Babylon, NY 11704

Rhino Records
235 Yale Ave
Claremont, CA 91711

Sounds Like
10117 Hole Ave
Riverside, CA 92503

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
12:26 PM on 08/04/07
harryCane
Fighter of the Night Man
User Info.
Cool. I'll get it!
01:16 PM on 08/04/07
Anthony Lutz
nextstoptheolympics.tumbl r.com
User Info.
Looks like I'll be getting it off interpunk. I'd love to see them with TREOS, but no Missouri dates.
01:23 PM on 08/04/07
callingallcars
remember us 4 all we pretend 2 be
User Info.
my friend is on vagrant's street team and he has this cd. he won't let me listen to it but he says its the sickest thing ever. i like emmanuel alot. august 11th peppermint beach club
01:49 PM on 08/04/07
mutiny
voldiemort
User Info.
my friend is on vagrant's street team and he has this cd. he won't let me listen to it but he says its the sickest thing ever. i like emmanuel alot. august 11th peppermint beach club

you have no idea how good it felt to read that. i've had my doubts about the album but i'm still hoping for the best.
03:23 PM on 08/04/07
Steeeeve
This is not an exit.
User Info.
if theyre just gonna play the new stuff at the chicago show...count me out
03:34 PM on 08/04/07
Bury Your Head
it aint easy being brown
User Info.
if theyre just gonna play the new stuff at the chicago show...count me out

Be a little open minded my man. They rock either way and we all know they will play "the hey man" and "the willing" if anything at the very least so don't trip.

I'm sosososososo excited for black earth tiger its my most anticipated by far and I'm gonna preorder it on interpunk right now. I wonder if there will be other deals with shirts though... I can't choose if I should wait or not haha.
03:38 PM on 08/04/07
Steeeeve
This is not an exit.
User Info.
Be a little open minded my man. They rock either way and we all know they will play "the hey man" and "the willing" if anything at the very least so don't trip.

I'm sosososososo excited for black earth tiger its my most anticipated by far and I'm gonna preorder it on interpunk right now. I wonder if there will be other deals with shirts though... I can't choose if I should wait or not haha.

I'm not tripping it's just i really liked soundtrack and this is like a totally different dirrection from it. I do like some of the new songs like Scenotaph and Cottonmouth
04:30 PM on 08/04/07
Bury Your Head
it aint easy being brown
User Info.
I'm not tripping it's just i really liked soundtrack and this is like a totally different dirrection from it. I do like some of the new songs like Scenotaph and Cottonmouth

I feel your pain. I have talked to others who got their hands on black earth tiger already and they told me to say goodbye to all the southern rock influences and say hello to modern day deftones.
Which sucks
But phobos and scenotaph fucking rock and I do which they had a opening track that kicks u in the dick like the hey man not some intro but I'm still def. Excited and I am positive they will continue to play many songs from soundtrack until they release another album cuz then most emanuel fans left will accept their new sound.
07:54 PM on 08/04/07
Steeeeve
This is not an exit.
User Info.
I feel your pain. I have talked to others who got their hands on black earth tiger already and they told me to say goodbye to all the southern rock influences and say hello to modern day deftones.
Which sucks
But phobos and scenotaph fucking rock and I do which they had a opening track that kicks u in the dick like the hey man not some intro but I'm still def. Excited and I am positive they will continue to play many songs from soundtrack until they release another album cuz then most emanuel fans left will accept their new sound.

how the hell are people getting it alredy? i wanna hear it so i could finally decide if it's as good as STaH! I'm stoked like any fan but i agree with you on the modern day influences...it almost sounds like a smashing pumpkins record. Matt Breen has one hell of a sceam though...nothing like Billy Corgan
01:55 AM on 08/05/07
Bury Your Head
it aint easy being brown
User Info.
how the hell are people getting it alredy? i wanna hear it so i could finally decide if it's as good as STaH! I'm stoked like any fan but i agree with you on the modern day influences...it almost sounds like a smashing pumpkins record. Matt Breen has one hell of a sceam though...nothing like Billy Corgan

Yeah I got chills during cottonmouth and my friend is friends with promo ppl at vagrant... the thing that intrigues me is this album took close to a year to make. That's why for a while they fell off the face of the planet they were home writing foreverrrrrrr.
Hopefully this album delivers.
12:45 PM on 08/05/07
MikeyEdge FL
Blue Jeans And White T-Shirts
User Info.
this album is amazing everyone should go pick it up or pre-order it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos