AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Quietdrive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Quietdrive Cover Album Available

Posted by - 12:11 PM on 01/04/12
Quietdrive's new album of fan chosen cover songs, Your Record / Our Spin, is now available on iTunes.

Submitted by SiCtHuG

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
12:26 PM on 01/04/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
Was completely unaware that these guys were still around.
12:28 PM on 01/04/12
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Not a bad album. Definitely just sounds like a QD record.
12:31 PM on 01/04/12
birdman
Don't hold your breath
User Info.
I love cover songs so I will probably check this out, but Quietdrive covering Muse rubs me the wrong way.
01:39 PM on 01/04/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
My friend just told me about this, I had no idea they were putting out another record.
02:08 PM on 01/04/12
Lirr168
isn't racist - he has color tv
User Info.
I'm normally a sucker for cover songs, but I'm not a fan of these. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is not working for me at all.
02:27 PM on 01/04/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
This is their "The only hit song we ever did was a cover, so let's make 12 or so of them" album. Ha.

But seriously, Deliverance was SO good. I'm pretty bummed this band went no where with that.
05:24 PM on 01/04/12
SiCtHuG
Butch Walker = God
User Info.
Sweet, I made it haha

Overall, it's a fairly decent album and a good concept at that. The cover of 'Africa' is the best.
07:34 PM on 01/04/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is their "The only hit song we ever did was a cover, so let's make 12 or so of them" album. Ha.

But seriously, Deliverance was SO good. I'm pretty bummed this band went no where with that.
i've said that a million times. Deliverance was great but they didn't have the marketing support. It's only downhill from there for them. Their follow-up wasn't very good though.
07:51 PM on 01/04/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
i've said that a million times. Deliverance was great but they didn't have the marketing support. It's only downhill from there for them. Their follow-up wasn't very good though.
And see, I think of myself as pretty good at following bands I like whenever they release albums or go on tour. I had no idea Quietdrive put out another cd! Wow. Time to visit the iTunes store..
09:41 AM on 01/05/12
choice-of-fate
Groezrock represent.
User Info.
The covers are pretty bad tbh and I do like these guys. Nothing they bring out in future will ever be as good as their previous tracks on When All That's Left Is You I guess.
12:40 PM on 01/05/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When I have my iPod on random in my car and after a song ends and I hear him say "Can you answer me?" I get pumped.
10:22 AM on 02/06/12
ChaChing2308
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not a terrible album. "Africa" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" were definitely the highlights. And I don't know why, but I'm kind of digging "No Sleep" too, even though it sounds nothing like them.

And I agree with some of the others, When All That's Left is you will always be my favorite and their best album, in my opinion. But I hope these guys don't go away and finally get famous as being more than "that Time After Time cover band".

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos