Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48
06:43 AM on 01/05/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Is it weird that this is a reality show I'd actually watch?

It'd be like Survivor but with nothing but pills.
I'd be much more interested in the documentary, but only if he wrote little songs for everyone he kicked out.
06:53 AM on 01/05/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
I'd be much more interested in the documentary, but only if he wrote little songs for everyone he kicked out.
Both can happen. But I doubt he'd let anyone film him ever. He has to stay an anomaly.
08:27 AM on 01/05/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
It's about the production too though. The Weeknd has the edge there.
You can always change the producer and I feel like Frank has more raw talent that The Weeknd. Plus I feel like all of The Weeknd sound the same because all he puts out are "sex songs", whereas Frank Ocean's songs are pretty diverse.
08:53 AM on 01/05/12
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
User Info.
I should move to Toronto, I play guitar and bass.
09:36 AM on 01/05/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
You can always change the producer and I feel like Frank has more raw talent that The Weeknd. Plus I feel like all of The Weeknd sound the same because all he puts out are "sex songs", whereas Frank Ocean's songs are pretty diverse.
Do you mean in sound or lyrical content?
10:58 AM on 01/05/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
Do you mean in sound or lyrical content?
A little bit of both. Frank Ocean's lyrics are deeper and I like the fact that he isn't afraid to embrace his quirky influences. The Weeknd, on the other hand, has weak lyrics in comparison to Frank and I feel like he makes songs that sounds like all he wants is sex. The production of The Weeknd's songs are amazing but just because the production is good doesn't automatically make the music good overall.
11:13 AM on 01/05/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
A little bit of both. Frank Ocean's lyrics are deeper and I like the fact that he isn't afraid to embrace his quirky influences. The Weeknd, on the other hand, has weak lyrics in comparison to Frank and I feel like he makes songs that sounds like all he wants is sex. The production of The Weeknd's songs are amazing but just because the production is good doesn't automatically make the music good overall.
If you look into the lyrics, it's actually somewhat the opposite of "all he wants is sex". Not saying that it's obvious, at face value it definitely does look like that's all he cares about. But take for example "Wicked Games". It sounds like a song that's just about wanting sex and getting a stripper to sleep with him, but the chorus shows that all he wants is for her to tell him that she loves him, even if she doesn't. It's the only reason he wants her. Also, "Rolling Stone" and about his fear of fame and losing what he has now when fame takes over. There's a lot of different themes, he just uses sex to get to them, know what I mean?

But I love Frank. I just have to defend The Weeknd on that because of my obsession, haha.
11:24 AM on 01/05/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
If you look into the lyrics, it's actually somewhat the opposite of "all he wants is sex". Not saying that it's obvious, at face value it definitely does look like that's all he cares about. But take for example "Wicked Games". It sounds like a song that's just about wanting sex and getting a stripper to sleep with him, but the chorus shows that all he wants is for her to tell him that she loves him, even if she doesn't. It's the only reason he wants her. Also, "Rolling Stone" and about his fear of fame and losing what he has now when fame takes over. There's a lot of different themes, he just uses sex to get to them, know what I mean?

But I love Frank. I just have to defend The Weeknd on that because of my obsession, haha.
Haha I get you. I'm very defensive of Frank because he's so underrated in comparison to The Weeknd, which kind of irks me. nostalgia, Ultra was one of my absolute favorite albums of the year and so incredibly good, especially for a relatively underground artist.
11:27 AM on 01/05/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
Haha I get you. I'm very defensive of Frank because he's so underrated in comparison to The Weeknd, which kind of irks me. nostalgia, Ultra was one of my absolute favorite albums of the year and so incredibly good, especially for a relatively underground artist.
It's odd because I feel like Frank blew up much faster than The Weeknd, but once The Weeknd DID gain momentum, he went so far above what Frank did in popularity. I liked nostalgia, ULTRA a lot but I think it was a great exhibition of his potential and showed how much will be used in the future, while The Weeknd released 3 magnum opi in a row. But I feel like Frank's next release will be even bigger; he has the potential to take over music itself.
11:50 AM on 01/05/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
It's odd because I feel like Frank blew up much faster than The Weeknd, but once The Weeknd DID gain momentum, he went so far above what Frank did in popularity. I liked nostalgia, ULTRA a lot but I think it was a great exhibition of his potential and showed how much will be used in the future, while The Weeknd released 3 magnum opi in a row. But I feel like Frank's next release will be even bigger; he has the potential to take over music itself.
I completely agree. Overall I feel like The Weeknd was on so many artists' AOTY/SOTY lists and buzz about on many blogs throughout the year and though Frank blew up faster, he was overshadowed by the many releases of The Weeknd. nostlagia, Ultra was supposed to be his first official release on a major label, but due to disputes with his label it was never officially released, and I think that this ended up being a good thing for him. There will be even more buzz about him for his official album and he can tie up the loose ends of his album so he can make a album that will be influential. I love the fact that he takes influence from melacholic indie rock and other non-conventional artists and blends it with his smooth R&B vocals. He is self-aware and crosses drastically different genres, which sets him apart from many artists nowadays, not just R&B artists.
12:09 PM on 01/05/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
I completely agree. Overall I feel like The Weeknd was on so many artists' AOTY/SOTY lists and buzz about on many blogs throughout the year and though Frank blew up faster, he was overshadowed by the many releases of The Weeknd. nostlagia, Ultra was supposed to be his first official release on a major label, but due to disputes with his label it was never officially released, and I think that this ended up being a good thing for him. There will be even more buzz about him for his official album and he can tie up the loose ends of his album so he can make a album that will be influential. I love the fact that he takes influence from melacholic indie rock and other non-conventional artists and blends it with his smooth R&B vocals. He is self-aware and crosses drastically different genres, which sets him apart from many artists nowadays, not just R&B artists.
The only artist with versatility like that right now is Janelle Monae, and she'll never get as big as she deserves because her label head is too busy whoring off Ciroc to the masses. Frank Ocean is on his own label, his versatility will get the exposure it deserves once he can get a true official debut.
12:57 PM on 01/05/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
The only artist with versatility like that right now is Janelle Monae, and she'll never get as big as she deserves because her label head is too busy whoring off Ciroc to the masses. Frank Ocean is on his own label, his versatility will get the exposure it deserves once he can get a true official debut.
I love Janelle! I can't wait to hear the two albums she's putting out with this year. I feel like The ArchAndroid was/is such an underrated album.
12:59 PM on 01/05/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
I love Janelle! I can't wait to hear the two albums she's putting out with this year. I feel like The ArchAndroid was/is such an underrated album.
It was neck-and-neck with MBDTF for my album of the year in 2010. She's so unbelievable.
01:02 PM on 01/05/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
It was neck-and-neck with MBDTF for my album of the year in 2010. She's so unbelievable.
Her voice is so good and I love how quirky she is, but she has the talent to prove that she isn't all style no substance.
08:51 PM on 01/05/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
Going to be very very awesome when he starts performing live. Even more awesome if dude starts working with a full band on new stuff.
i'm pretty sure he's done shows before. 99% positive i saw a setlist posted on here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos