Password
Record Sales News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 93.
05:52 AM on 01/05/12
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
wow, reeeaaally bombed than lol.
I think the point is that LP's album got most of its sales in Sept-Dec of 2010, and beginning four months after its release, it still sold over 200K copies. That's pretty good haha. I'm sure the album is well above gold in sales.
05:54 AM on 01/05/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I'm surprised that blink topped Death Cab
06:16 AM on 01/05/12
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
User Info.
This sort sticks a wrench in Patrick from The Black Key's nonsense comments about Nickelback doesn't it?
06:18 AM on 01/05/12
downrightamazed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow, reeeaaally bombed than lol.

...Are you an idiot?
These are 2011 sales.

..I would've ended it here, but I guess I have to also clarify that what I just said means that what is shown in the list we're discussing is the number of musical recording albums they, the band Linkin Park have sold in 2011, which doesn't include the first few months of sales.

Did that do the trick?
06:32 AM on 01/05/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Dude from Black Keys is pissed looking at that list.
That was also my first thought.
06:37 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Mumford is so bad. So bad.
06:39 AM on 01/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
None of these compare to Adele. 21 has sold more than 100,000 units every week in America since it was released. I think her worldwide total is like 15 million now.
06:40 AM on 01/05/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It cam out October Second 2009. A two year old album outsold everything else. That's just some depressing stuff. (not that people bout Mumford and Sons, while not a personal favorite I still see why people like it, just that four bands - Nickelback, Coldplay and Foo Fighters (arguably the three biggest current rock bands) and Foster the People (spurred by a crossover hit) managed to sell half a million copies during the whole year (Born This way sold over a million in a *week*) )

2010 in the US, which is what soundscan checks (and Canada).
06:51 AM on 01/05/12
stevenisfading
stronger
User Info.
None of these compare to Adele. 21 has sold more than 100,000 units every week in America since it was released. I think her worldwide total is like 15 million now.
It is. Wondering if it'll go diamond in 2013.
07:06 AM on 01/05/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
The gap between #s 1 and 2 is one of the crazier aspects here. It wasn't even close.
07:24 AM on 01/05/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I think the point is that LP's album got most of its sales in Sept-Dec of 2010, and beginning four months after its release, it still sold over 200K copies. That's pretty good haha. I'm sure the album is well above gold in sales.
OK, that makes a lot more sense.

People that hate LP should nevertheless have respect for this record. Even if you don't like it, one has to admit the balls it took to make.

edit: always relevant:
07:39 AM on 01/05/12
jacobcm
User Info.
Does anybody know if/how we can get these lists for previous years?
07:42 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Rock and roll died guys, awwww.

Mumford and Sons is the new Dave Matthews.

That's an insult to DMB.
07:48 AM on 01/05/12
Reece Wagner
Registered Member
User Info.
Man, that list bums me out. Foo Fighters and Beasties couldn't even break a million? Blink is just about halfway to Gold. Absolutely nuts. Rock truly is the worst genre to even think about going into.

Do people think about getting into a genre of music as a performer? I don't think that's usually how it works.

Also, who buys the Adele album? Just turn on the damn radio, most stations have at least 2 tracks by Adele in a 10-song rotation, having the album itself is almost a moot point.
07:50 AM on 01/05/12
brandonisstupid
User Info.
Not surprised at all about the top three. Just very disappointed the top albums in rock where onlu able to around a million each.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests