AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 23 posts.
09:40 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Fuck yeah. This is what I'm talking about.

Want to start small run releases once I can get some capital saved up. Already have some in mind.

Vinyl for LYF
09:40 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Vinyl is the only physical music form I buy these days.

Same
09:46 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've been buying more lately since a lot of them come with a digital download card.

That's where the have it right
10:03 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't have a record player so I don't understand the reason for buying vinyl. Also I don't buy any music in general.

Nice contribution.
10:04 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've been buying vinyl for years and will continue to especially as CDs are being phased out.

I wouldn't be surprised if cassettes make a comeback as music snobs look elsewhere now that vinyl are on the rise.

Best cassette label is out of Minneapolis : Moon Glyph
10:13 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've never heard of them but I know Man Overboard put out some stuff on cassettes. Who would have thought that there would be labels devoted to releasing cassettes in 2012?

They get a lot of press for being a cassette label - though they are pressing vinyl now too - bit also for their really unique roster. It's a great label ran by a great dude.

We also have a few record shows that only sell vinyl and cassettes. They don't even let CDs in the store. I personally don't have any interest for cassettes - I lost my Home Alone TalkBoy years ago - but I would probably buy a limited release if there was one.

Google the of Montreal cassette boxset. Now that's aggressive, but it'd be an awesome collector / fan item.
10:14 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
10:33 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No I torrent everything

Who is the troll? The fuck outta here.
10:34 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
When I went to a Portugal. The Man show, I asked the merch guy for one of each of their albums on vinyl. The amazement on his face almost matched the awesomeness of the purchase. I am glad to see vinyl sales are up overall, love em.

Nice. Would love to have Censored on vinyl.
10:50 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I got a record player for Christmas so yeah, I've bought 8 records in the past week hahaha

Welcome to tha club. Grab that new Weatherbox split.
10:59 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
on it haha. my girlfriend bought me Bon Iver, Bon Iver on red vinyl for Christmas, god I love that woman.

the record I'm most excited for is that Feist/Mastodon 7 inch split for Record Store Day. can't wait

Hell yeah, man. RSD is like second Christmas if you collect vinyl. Love it. Grab that Weathebox EP too...some awesome color variants.

Two of favorite records I have are Fleet foxes debut and No Age's Everything in Between. The artwork for EIB is amazing. The cover is a huge record-sized booklet like a CD. Thing is mint. Oh, and my Rocket to Russia record.

Must have: Sufjan Stevens Age of Adz. It's just damn expensive. I think it's a triple disc.

Check out www.insound.com
11:02 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
yeah I need to get Age of Adz, I think it's only a 2xLP but it's like 30 bucks and I want to pick up Kanye's Twisted Fantasy 3xLP, I think I saw that for 33 somewhere. I just discovered this sweet record store here in town that has a bunch of new and used records, it's my new heaven.

For sure. Electric Fetus is my second home.
11:06 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Oh yeah, and a special shout out to Thomas for the nice package of vinyl I got from paper and plasitc records for winning that contest.
11:07 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't buy vinyl. I would consider it if it were very cheap, for a band I really love, but I'm content (and have more money) with CDs.

On average you could spend about the same or a dollar more if you are buying local.just a thought. Online gets spendy
11:17 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
As far as I know, we don't have a lot of record stores around here, and the one that I check out every once in a while doesn't have nearly as good or cheap a selection of vinyls to CDs. And even so, ripping a CD is easier for me than getting files from a record (even with a download code). It's just not my thing.

For sure just thought I'd throw it out there.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests