Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 109
10:45 AM on 01/05/12
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
Started buying vinyl in 2011. Much more satisfying medium to accumulate than just downloading digital copies (and 99% of records come with download cards anyways for your iPod of choice). Love having something tangible to look at and hold while listening to an album top to bottom, like the artist intended. I find I give albums a fairer chance when listening on vinyl as well, since tracks can't be skipped. In the current digital age of 3 second attention spans, it's nice to sit down and just listen.
10:46 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've been buying more lately since a lot of them come with a digital download card.

That's where the have it right
10:52 AM on 01/05/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
I wish everything was available on vinyl. I just started buying vinyl this year (2011) and it makes me enjoy the album so much more, and appreciate the music more. And i actaully preorder albums now and wait to get the physical copy in the mail before i listen to it, when before i would download it as soon as it leaked.
10:52 AM on 01/05/12
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
User Info.
This is awesome. I really never buy CD's anymore since most vinyl comes with a digital download, and the bigger artwork and everything is cool.
10:53 AM on 01/05/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I just bought 5 LPs and a 7" to start my collection. I hope I keep going with this, lol.
IamNogreatMan
User Info.
I was going to buy vinyl until I realized I actually want a format that sounds clean and that's portable. I will never understand the desire to buy Vinyl and listen to it in this day and age. Cool art work? Sure, I can get with that. I have a few because I love the cover art, but those are hanging on my wall.
B.G.
User Info.
I own a few vinyls. Most recent pick up being "Come Around Sundown" by KOL. Amazing Artwork.
10:54 AM on 01/05/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I've been buying vinyl for years and will continue to especially as CDs are being phased out.

I wouldn't be surprised if cassettes make a comeback as music snobs look elsewhere now that vinyl are on the rise.
10:54 AM on 01/05/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
FYI. The plural of vinyl is vinyl, not vinyls.
10:55 AM on 01/05/12
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
I wish everything was available on vinyl. I just started buying vinyl this year (2011) and it makes me enjoy the album so much more, and appreciate the music more. And i actaully preorder albums now and wait to get the physical copy in the mail before i listen to it, when before i would download it as soon as it leaked.
I back everything you just said. I think I only ever pre-ordered an album on CD once, but with vinyl, I do it all the time.
10:55 AM on 01/05/12
seanthethief
User Info.
FYI. The plural of vinyl is vinyl, not vinyls.

vinyls

vinyls

vinylsvinyls

vinyls

vinylsvinyls

vinyls

vinylsvinyls

vinyls

vinyls
10:57 AM on 01/05/12
BIGSALE
i hide behind these ribs of mine
User Info.
i love vinyl, especially because i lot of them nowdays give you a digital download card, it's much more worth it
10:57 AM on 01/05/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I'm fine with CDs. I get the artwork, I get the official lyrics (when the artists don't blow it), I get the music. And I have a legal backup for my mp3s. I do enjoy spinning my parents' old records though. Put on some Stevie Wonder on X-Mas.

The only reason I'd buy a vinyl would be to frame it, which I would only do with either Vheissu or the Alchemy Index.

The thing I dislike most about vinyl though is that a lot of it is currently based on exclusivity. I find that a bit douchey. You either are one of the few or you spend a fortune on a flip.

I also don't like it when vinyl get bonus content (liner notes) that isn't available in other ways, but whatever.

I'm glad it's helping artists a great deal. I just wish it were for better reasons than what I perceive to be a pointless trend. Technology going backwards and requiring more expensive equipment.
10:58 AM on 01/05/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.

Yeah, I miss waiting on my pre-orders to come from Smartpunk. They always came with signed posters, booklets or shirts.

The problem with a lot of pre-orders with vinyl is that they usually don't come out on the release day. I had to wait over a month to get This Time Next Year's Drop out of Life on vinyl. I ended up buying the MP3s so the download code was useless.
10:58 AM on 01/05/12
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
I don't have a record player so I don't understand the reason for buying vinyl. Also I don't buy any music in general.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos