vinylsvinyls

vinyls

vinyls

Haha, smh.
10:00 AM on 01/05/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I'd say about 90% of the money I spent in 2011 went to vinyl. Feels nice to contribute.
10:03 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't have a record player so I don't understand the reason for buying vinyl. Also I don't buy any music in general.

Nice contribution.
10:03 AM on 01/05/12
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
between 04 to 09 i bought a shit ton of records but since then ive slowed down alot, but i think im going to start collecting again
10:04 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've been buying vinyl for years and will continue to especially as CDs are being phased out.

I wouldn't be surprised if cassettes make a comeback as music snobs look elsewhere now that vinyl are on the rise.

Best cassette label is out of Minneapolis : Moon Glyph
10:05 AM on 01/05/12
B.G.
User Info.
I was going to buy vinyl until I realized I actually want a format that sounds clean and that's portable. I will never understand the desire to buy Vinyl and listen to it in this day and age. Cool art work? Sure, I can get with that. I have a few because I love the cover art, but those are hanging on my wall.

THIS
10:06 AM on 01/05/12
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
Vinyl and books are all I asked for for Christmas. I'm very glad it's coming back, as long as people are spending money on something that benefits artists.
10:06 AM on 01/05/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Best cassette label is out of Minneapolis : Moon Glyph

I've never heard of them but I know Man Overboard put out some stuff on cassettes. Who would have thought that there would be labels devoted to releasing cassettes in 2012?
10:08 AM on 01/05/12
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
I was going to buy vinyl until I realized I actually want a format that sounds clean and that's portable. I will never understand the desire to buy Vinyl and listen to it in this day and age. Cool art work? Sure, I can get with that. I have a few because I love the cover art, but those are hanging on my wall.
vinyl can sound clean depending what set up you use. older records are more likely to have pops and shit in it, if you take care of your records and needle, have a decent preamp it wont happen as much

it also depends what condition the record is in
10:13 AM on 01/05/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I don't have a record player so I don't understand the reason for buying vinyl. Also I don't buy any music in general.

Holly HoX!
User Info.
I've never heard of them but I know Man Overboard put out some stuff on cassettes. Who would have thought that there would be labels devoted to releasing cassettes in 2012?

They get a lot of press for being a cassette label - though they are pressing vinyl now too - bit also for their really unique roster. It's a great label ran by a great dude.

We also have a few record shows that only sell vinyl and cassettes. They don't even let CDs in the store. I personally don't have any interest for cassettes - I lost my Home Alone TalkBoy years ago - but I would probably buy a limited release if there was one.

Google the of Montreal cassette boxset. Now that's aggressive, but it'd be an awesome collector / fan item.
sammyboy516
User Info.
I've been really into used vinyl lately - old stuff from the 60's and 70's. Nothing like the sound of an old, worn in vinyl. I buy a lot new stuff on vinyl too, though, so this is great news.
10:14 AM on 01/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
10:18 AM on 01/05/12
microcuts82
User Info.

Is it safe to infer that if you don't but any music in general that you don't listen to any music in general?
10:20 AM on 01/05/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Vinyl really is the one medium that can't be killed, it's been said over and over again that vinyl died, but it never did.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos