Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

can't wait to hear the rest of it
I laughed
05:53 PM on 01/05/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
"Beekeeper's Daughter" is the best, most interesting thing I have ever heard from this band and if it is any indication of the album itself, I am fucking EXCITED.
06:01 PM on 01/05/12
kaduck2007
User Info.
I hope that I'll enjoy the new record. I really loved their last album and seem to be in the minority there. The fact that the people who have heard the new album and love, but didn't care for the last one, kind of scares me. Here's to hoping for the best!
07:21 PM on 01/05/12
whatthefruit
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their last album was disappointing, so this is great news.
01:37 AM on 01/06/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Yes, someone on here actually has seen boobs, real, live, boobs! ! !

I'm calling bull shit. THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY. THIS IS MADNESS.
03:36 AM on 01/06/12
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Disagree on Greg Wells, he's produced a couple decent records but the majority of his discography is shit.
11:47 AM on 01/06/12
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
Booyah!

After hearing that new Used song (which sucked) I'm glad the new AAR album will most likely be good.
02:53 PM on 01/07/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
it's a joke from the Bamboozle fiasco a few weeks ago
10 4
03:23 PM on 01/07/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Disagree on Greg Wells, he's produced a couple decent records but the majority of his discography is shit.
Sonically? Name one he's done that sonically is shit.
04:34 PM on 01/07/12
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sonically? Name one he's done that sonically is shit.
I thought you were referring to his songwriting and the overall quality of his discography. My bad.
06:14 PM on 01/07/12
xdisplaced
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I didn't mind their last album but from Somedays Gone and the reviews it sounds like this could be a major improvement
12:16 PM on 01/08/12
dogsizedbirdIII
real post count 2,857
User Info.
Still a joke of a band, regardless of the hyperbole.
01:14 PM on 01/09/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I just got through my first listen of the four-song preview that Drew got and I can't say I agree with the praise. The last record wasn't great but it has some pretty good songs. Move Along is rad pop rock. The first record is cool too. I'm not their biggest fan or anything but the song writing on these four just doesn't stick out to me. This band is going to be best with the biggest hooks, which is what got highlighted on the last album - maybe a little too much so. But it just seems to me like they used to have better songs - or better songwriters - and I'm not too impressed with the musicianship on these four songs. His vocals are very out of control at times, which is a good thing usually and they can make it work, but it's blending very well with the synth work for me.

Edit: And I probably will end up very much disagreeing with the thoughts on the production, I can't say I'm enjoying the sound at all...maybe I need to play it in my car or something. Or maybe it's just my first listen, but this is very underwhelming after hearing the hype.

Double edit: I'm now re-listening to the last album....the production on this is 10 times better. Maybe it's just the stream Universal Music gave out, but that was borderline grating. "I Wanna" from the last record is a much better pop track than the four I just received. This should be in a blog or something.
03:26 PM on 01/09/12
PengusNiugnep
I slept right through the good part
User Info.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I loved WTWCD (along with everything else). Hoping I like this too.

Same here.
03:30 PM on 01/09/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I just got through my first listen of the four-song preview that Drew got and I can't say I agree with the praise. The last record wasn't great but it has some pretty good songs. Move Along is rad pop rock. The first record is cool too. I'm not their biggest fan or anything but the song writing on these four just doesn't stick out to me. This band is going to be best with the biggest hooks, which is what got highlighted on the last album - maybe a little too much so. But it just seems to me like they used to have better songs - or better songwriters - and I'm not too impressed with the musicianship on these four songs. His vocals are very out of control at times, which is a good thing usually and they can make it work, but it's blending very well with the synth work for me.

Edit: And I probably will end up very much disagreeing with the thoughts on the production, I can't say I'm enjoying the sound at all...maybe I need to play it in my car or something. Or maybe it's just my first listen, but this is very underwhelming after hearing the hype.

Double edit: I'm now re-listening to the last album....the production on this is 10 times better. Maybe it's just the stream Universal Music gave out, but that was borderline grating. "I Wanna" from the last record is a much better pop track than the four I just received. This should be in a blog or something.
If you're judging the production of songs based on a stream, I don't even know what to tell you to begin with. It's Greg Wells. That's borderline trying to say someone like George Martin doesn't know what he's doing. 10 times better? Embarrassing statement.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS