AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 422
03:09 PM on 01/05/12
mshoreline49
User Info.
I loved the first cd ever we fall put out. I've scoured the interweaves to try to find out what happened to te band but couldn't find anything. They said they were recording though.

Also the head automatica cd. I try to look for status updates all the time but I guess I'll have to stick with popaganda for a while
03:10 PM on 01/05/12
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Birds In the Air (what came after Colossal)
Orwell (members of Gainer, Gauge, Radio Flyer, Braid, Sky Corvair)
My Heart to Joy's last record [2]
Postal Service [69]
whatever Grown Ups had ready to record before pulling the plug

love this
03:12 PM on 01/05/12
pennie
GOONER
User Info.
Great discussion. Never knew there was even a plan for a second BCR song. Would also love new postal service.
03:14 PM on 01/05/12
mka12992
Cozy Body
User Info.
The shelved Deftones album Eros.
Holy shit, how did I forget about this? THIS SO MUCH.

And yeah, I agree with Swan Damage. Although I'm glad that Daryl made Glassjaw the priority.
03:15 PM on 01/05/12
The Fool
http://diggin-graves.blogspot.com/
User Info.
I like how half of page six is people mentioning Deftones' Eros.
03:16 PM on 01/05/12
xJesusFreakx
wow you're awesome
User Info.
My Bloody Valentine - follow-up to Loveless

I'm pretty sure they said a few years ago they were working on something, and I think they had stuff back in the day, too. I know they want to follow Loveless up with something meeting or raising that bar, but that's a dang high bar; just getting close would be good enough for me.

U2 - Songs of Ascent / Danger Mouse sessions / dance album

Songs of Ascent was supposed to be ready w/in a year of No Line on the Horizon and contain stuff from the same sessions. That album was weak, but the extra material still sounded tempting. If the material from that abandoned material was supposed to resurface in the sessions with Danger Mouse, and/or be the same material they played live a couple years ago, I'd like to hear it.

More so, I want that dang dance album they've talked about to come together already. They were supposed to be working with will.i.am and RedOne on this material. As weird as it may sound, I seriously think they have a good dance album in them.
03:20 PM on 01/05/12
IamNogreatMan
User Info.
Lupe Fiascos real third cd. I know its somewhere buried under that shit ass lasers.
03:25 PM on 01/05/12
jtresk26
Tambourine Jamboree
User Info.
- Weezer/ Rivers Cuomo's Songs From the Black Hole
-
Blink's initial follow-up to their Untitled album, before their hiatus.
- Pixies new stuff, which I still have hope for being released
- The last stuff by Nirvana, which I'm pretty sure isn't all released yet.
03:30 PM on 01/05/12
theChariotAshes
User Info.
This thread is kinda depressing, haha. But a good one.

I really wanted to hear Far-Less's last EP before they broke up. They did release both their demo called Green and one called New Song, but that's it. They stopped updating their blog after saying it was going to be longer than originally planned. Also, I don't remember if it was gonna be the same EP, but I remember them saying there was going to be an EP of reworked older songs. Has there been any mention of what happened?

I also would've liked to hear Terminal's second album, My Chem's unreleased album(s?) and Box Car Racer's second album.

Edit: I did some Google searching, and found out they released the demos a few months ago. It's not everything they talked about, though.
03:34 PM on 01/05/12
drudo182
Be Royal
User Info.
Obvious answers for me

- Acceptance
- Terminal
- New Frontiers (not sure if they were even working on new material but their debut is the best thing Militia ever put out)
- Postal Service
- Brandtson
03:36 PM on 01/05/12
absolution
User Info.
Lanemeyer.....oh my god Lanemeyer so freaking hard.
Or a full Lanemeyer record with Brian Fallon singing...the one demo is SO good
03:41 PM on 01/05/12
iamsoindie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember hearing a little while ago that Lou Reed and Metallica were collaborating on some music, but I haven't heard anything about it since then. I can only assume that the album has been scrapped, but I'm sure it would have been excellent.
03:46 PM on 01/05/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
For me, my #1 is the Anberlin record that was stolen and replaced by New Surrender. That record let me down, and Stephen seemed heartbroken over the stolen record.
Gasp. I've never heard that story. I wonder if it was more New Surrender or Cites sounding...

I freaking loved Cities. So good.
03:46 PM on 01/05/12
246toothpicks
User Info.
Goodbye Tomorrow with their original singer. I heard the demos they recorded with Mark Trombino, but never finished/released any more before he was out of the band.
03:48 PM on 01/05/12
iamsoindie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good fuck I wish. Yeah, that would rule too.
Jason,

This doesn't really count, but as a fan of MxPx, have you heard the "Original Version of Before Everything and After"? It's an interesting listen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos