Album Review

Armed for a Crisis - Progressions EP Album Cover

Armed for a Crisis - Progressions EP

Reviewed by
Armed for a Crisis - Progressions EP
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: March 30th, 2011
Who?

Armed for a Crisis is a melodic hardcore band from Nottingham, England. They released their first EP, Progressions, almost ten months ago. While they are currently unsigned, they are better than many of the unsigned bands I have listened to (although that is not saying much). Even though Armed for a Crisis shows promise, they ultimately fall flat and have created an EP that I will most likely not be listening to again.

How is it?

Armed for a Crisis has tried to create a memorable set of songs that conveys a message to the listener. Truth is the vocals in Progressions are so deficient, especially the clean vocals, that, for the most part, I can't comprehend a word that Dan Chamberlain is saying. The only song that I can get an idea of what the lyrics are is "Redefined." This is also the nonpareil song of the EP. The growls and screams are standard and musically the song is reputable, which can be said for most of the tracks. However nothing in Progressions is creative or engaging. Not one song stands out as "Wow, this is great!" Instead all you think is "This is decent." The production isn't ample either, with the vocals always getting drowned out by the instruments. As a starter EP for an unsigned band, it is an okay first step, but nothing more.

4/10
This review is a user submitted review from Niko John. You can see all of Niko John's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version