Password
Ocarina vs. Majora
Ocarina of Time 201 84.45%
Majora's Mask 37 15.55%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

05:45 PM on 01/16/12 
User Info.
syntax omitted
Also, Skyward Sword is just as good, if not better, than Ocarina of Time! You all should play it!
04:17 AM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
What it breaks down to, OoT is essentially the 3D greatest hits ofg Zelda, Alttp is the 2D. If someoine could only play one to understand zelda, it would be either of those because they have everything and do it well. Personally, I found majora's mask to be more engaging, more enjoyable, and more resonating than oot. I also liked the temples and side questa little more I go with majora's.
04:32 AM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
Also, Skyward Sword is just as good, if not better, than Ocarina of Time! You all should play it!

I respectfully disagree. ss has that magic that oot had, but the lack of a connected, expansive, free overworld like in tp is too big of a shortcoming to overlook for me.I also didnt like the flying or pacing. it still did alot well though.
07:04 AM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
Searos
Registered Member
Radford, VA
Male - 23 Years Old
I respectfully disagree. ss has that magic that oot had, but the lack of a connected, expansive, free overworld like in tp is too big of a shortcoming to overlook for me.I also didnt like the flying or pacing. it still did alot well though.

I think it makes up for lack of open world with the upgrade system. Never gets too grindy and really feels like the player has more choices. It is not needed to get big bug net or scattershot but I don't see why anyone would not get them.
07:49 AM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
syntax omitted

I don't know, I feel like Skyloft may have been small but the Gratitude Crystal/Goddess Cube sidequests provided enough freedom for me. And like someone else said, the upgrade system was really cool too. I loved Skyward Sword a lot. I honestly barely consider TP a Zelda game. All of the characters were done so terribly (Zelda goes emo, Ganondorf and Zant both lack personalities, etc...) and it was unreasonably easy for a Zelda game. My favorite 3D Zelda games go this way:

MM > WW > SS = OoT > TP
08:58 AM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
MA/CT
Male - 21 Years Old
I don't know, I feel like Skyloft may have been small but the Gratitude Crystal/Goddess Cube sidequests provided enough freedom for me. And like someone else said, the upgrade system was really cool too. I loved Skyward Sword a lot. I honestly barely consider TP a Zelda game. All of the characters were done so terribly (Zelda goes emo, Ganondorf and Zant both lack personalities, etc...) and it was unreasonably easy for a Zelda game. My favorite 3D Zelda games go this way:

MM > WW > SS = OoT > TP

the crystal collecting is fine by me. The thing i missed in ss is just being able to run around in a big field or sail in an ocean with islands. the big map has always been the keystone in zelda for me, so by having to fly to get from a volcano to the forest instead of walking or horsback was just very underwhelming for me. I like ss, dont get me wrong, but i just found it wasn't what a zelda should be imo. tp felt shallow in terms of characters and story, and ss is no doubt a step in the right direction. I just hope that next zelda for wii u has a) the epic size of tp 2) the repeated use of weapons instead of once like in tp2) some back tracking but still new enviroments 3) story and character development 4)different outfits and we will have the best zelda imo.

mm>WW>oot=tp>ss
01:33 PM on 01/17/12 
User Info.
k1no
Melo Mood
New York
Male - 22 Years Old
OoT will win almost by default. Kind of like the Blink of Zelda games.

Agreed. But for this one, I'll will gladly jump on the general opinion.
05:32 PM on 01/27/12 
User Info.
Moostachemusic
Huntington Beach
Male
I prefer Majora's Mask. I think it's a bit more creative and a little harder. Although nothing is as hard as that damn water temple...
02:10 PM on 01/28/12 
User Info.
AbbeyCarbs
We're just kids on the run.
Boston, MA
Female - 23 Years Old
Wind Waker is my favorite, but of these, definitely Ocarina.
08:26 PM on 01/29/12 
User Info.
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
New York, NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Glad to know so many people agree with me lol. I love both games immensely, but Ocarina Of Time was the first game I felt truly enveloped in the world of the game and the storyline (and I thought that would never be matched until I played Final Fantasy VII). While the really dark storyline is what I love most about Majora's Mask, I think Ocarina Of Time is the quintessential Legend of Zelda story.
10:11 PM on 01/29/12 
User Info.
(l,k)
hate on me then you hate success
No Avatar Selected
Ocarina of Time>Majora's Mask>Wind Waker. the past couple ones have turned me off. both ocarina of time and majora's mask are all time greats, ocarina of time is just higher on the list
07:46 AM on 01/30/12 
User Info.
Brenden Doyle
object. aggregate. person.
Cape Breton
Male - 26 Years Old
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are two pieces of the same puzzle. Majora's Mask's depth is staggering. The side quests and time based events are amazing. I have to hand it to Ocarina of Time though. Ocarina is a much more traditional "Zelda" game that advances the Zelda canon. Majora's Mask is a little too zany to be the better Zelda game. As well, the main game in OoT has a lot more going on in it than in MM. I love both games dearly though.
04:01 PM on 02/02/12 
User Info.
enchilobster
Registered Boozer
Ocarina, no question.
09:56 PM on 02/04/12 
User Info.
ccc02012
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
Ocarina of Time
10:36 PM on 02/08/12 
User Info.
voncorn
Once again, it's all an act.
Denver, CO
Male - 23 Years Old
Majora's Mask held up much better with time than Ocarina of Time did for me. I am utterly sick of OoT from replaying it so many times, I could beat it with my eyes closed. Majora's Mask on the other hand has such vast depth and replayability that I still love it to this day. MM also has better graphics and music for sure.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos