|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
The short answer is we kept losing band members so we had no choice but to use my name. I think it has ring to it..."Eddie Grey". What do you think?
2. How did this band get started?
By default actually.....Patrick's (drummer) band was breaking up and I was playing solo for a long time and we met in passing at "The Good Hurt" in Venice, Ca. We decided to get together to jam and it turned out that we were musical brothers in the sense that his musical styles complimented me and what I did as a singer/guitar player best showcased what he could do on the drum kit (which is shamelessly beat the drums to a blood pulp with mighty coordination).
3. What bands are you influenced by?
All music, all the time. I listen to all kinds of bands. Currently listening and loving: Foo Fighters, Robin Thicke, Wah!, Sigur Ros, and a couple of local bands. julietsmusic.com
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I would tour with everybody and anybody as long as their energy is up and they are on top of their game. When you love what you do, you would do it anywhere, anytime, any place.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
It seems like Subway seems to be the fastest option (I don't eat junk food), but going to the store and shopping is still the best because you have total control of what you put into your body.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We are new. Music has to change and we (along with several others) are the face of new music and what it is turning into. Our music is real and welcomes people of all ages and all walks of life.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I wouldn't want to be a professional athlete, although I do appreciate sports especially the NBA. If you know anything about the body, you know that pressure situations raise up your cortisol levels which make people look really old and jaded. I just want to be in music.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
When I do win...I will thank God, Mom, Sister, Patrick, B.B., Producers I have worked with and supportive fans.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Iím sick and tired of these conglomerates coming together to control and filter what the public listens to. Itís like these big companies determine what you like. I want the power to be in the hands of the people.
10. Memorable tour experiences?
A girl took me and Patrick aside once and told us that we were going to be in her shower mix. Patrick has since said that our goal as a band is to be in every girl's shower mix. I double his statement.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is a new movement. Music mends broken hearts. Nuff' said.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I love playing "Hideaway" live because of its energy. I love playing music in general. It kind of moves in waves if you listen to it and let it guide you. Music tells you where to go.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Vacation.....I love Cancun, but not the party towns. I'm more into the secluded places like Playa Del Carmen. Beautiful water, great salsa and women....what else is there?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I grew up with an eclectic mix of stuff. Anywhere from sade, to Depeche Mode, and lots of Spanish music (particularly Luis Miguel).
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to see through walls. No comment. Jk.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I always say a prayer before I go onstage.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
They don't know how much I actually appreciate them. They mean the world to me.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
The radio is a machine run by a bunch of corporate juggernauts. If you want to reach the most people, radio is the way to go (at least for a while anyway).
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time.....Iím the type of guy that requires a lot of time alone. I need it. I usually analyze music or read or watch movies. I'm kind of laid back sometimes. My adventurous side loves being around nature and running through the woods shirtless. There is something so primal about that.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hidden talents???? I'm an artist/musician. That's all I want to taste, touch, hear, smell, see, and think. There is nothing better in this world than music. Any other talents probably can't be discussed in this interview.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author