Username
Password
MTV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
MTV
Inside AP.net

Bigger Than The Sound: Thnks Fr Th Annoying Song Titles

Posted by: Jared Kaufman (08/08/07)
In this week's Bigger Than The Sound, James Montgomery says, "Thnks Fr Th Annoying Song Titles."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 90.
08:50 AM on 08/08/07
duhpunk
i get my energy from my inner G
User Info.
he forgot to say </rant> at the end. however, i agree with him.
08:52 AM on 08/08/07
-Aaron-
^_^
User Info.
He named dropped GS!YBE lawlz.
08:55 AM on 08/08/07
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
This guy sucks ass.. what shitty articles week after week.

-ACA
08:56 AM on 08/08/07
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
yeah it needs to die.
08:56 AM on 08/08/07
Why Bother?
#SOSVenezuela
User Info.
Wilco - Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again)

Hahah.. Also, I can't stand this guy, now it's like he ran out of things to criticise..
08:57 AM on 08/08/07
WarpSpeedChewy
You know Elvis had a twin brother?
User Info.
Completely agree with him on this one. Whenever I see those type of song titles, I just think how much of a idiot the aritst is and not how "clever" they are. I'm looking at you Cobra Starship.
09:00 AM on 08/08/07
ACA
User Info.
He just sucks. Criticizing and being witty can be an awesome, hilarious combination.. but this guy is just a douchebag. I suppose if you're ten years old, this guy is great.. but then you wouldn't get how elite he is for naming Godspeed or Braid in an article designed to give "cool" MTV-hating teens a reason why MTV is, once again, "cool".

"Oh my God, Panic! At The Disco have long song titles.. songs about.. money--written by machines?!!111 lollerblades and lmaocopuffs".

-ACA
09:03 AM on 08/08/07
dildonicsboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Panic! At the Disco's titles are worse, but I agree with him about the stupidity of these titles. Didn't they mention in an article a couple months back that their management team advises them and other FBR bands to have titles like these to cater to little kids.
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
although, some of this i agree with, this guy seems like a cockmaster, MTV will give any third party person a laptop if they have an opinion on music, because MTV lost their opinion years ago
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Jesus Christ, lighten the fuck up.
09:04 AM on 08/08/07
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
who is james montgomery?
09:07 AM on 08/08/07
ACA
User Info.
although, some of this i agree with, this guy seems like a cockmaster, MTV will give any third party person a laptop if they have an opinion on music, because MTV lost their opinion years ago

They should give me a paycheck, I have my own laptop. I can pretend to be funny, too, and tell white teenagers how "gay" (but let's not use that word, we have an acceptance of all sexual orientations here at MTV! we're PROGRESSIVE!) the music they love is, so that they can make fun of the other kids for liking it.. then, in a twist of fate, then can brag how cool MTV is for enlightening them on this... so wait.. "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows)" isn't cool....?

So weak.

-ACA
09:10 AM on 08/08/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I thought the article was hilarious, and very well-written.
09:13 AM on 08/08/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
They should give me a paycheck, I have my own laptop. I can pretend to be funny, too, and tell white teenagers how "gay" (but let's not use that word, we have an acceptance of all sexual orientations here at MTV! we're PROGRESSIVE!) the music they love is, so that they can make fun of the other kids for liking it.. then, in a twist of fate, then can brag how cool MTV is for enlightening them on this... so wait.. "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows)" isn't cool....?

So weak.

-ACA
Well, they might consider that if you were, in fact, witty - or had something at all original to say. However, as it stands, you're just some annoying douche on a messageboard that inexplicably signs all of his posts. Maybe Montgomery can tackle this topic next week...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS