Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
American Football/Bear vs. Shark reunion is all I need
10:41 AM on 01/10/12
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
ATDI has me most excited, if only because it sounds like there may be more in store with them. Refused only sound like they're reuniting for the one show (well, two, I guess). And to say I didn't care for TREOS's last album is a huge understatement.
The Refused seem like they'll do a whole lot more than just those two shows if you re-read the statement.
10:57 AM on 01/10/12
sjb2k1
User Info.
never listened to any of those bands, so my pants be empty
11:03 AM on 01/10/12
letitenfoldyou
User Info.
Absolute hand on heart, driving to work this morning knowing about at the drive in and refused reforming, I thought who else reforming would even more awesome - TREOS was my top thought. Come on here to see that they may be after all - slightly spooked and pants well and truly filled.
11:21 AM on 01/10/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im actually most excited for e town concretes reunion. Im not being ironic at all. I got to see atdi 2x and im content with that. Loved refused but it just doesnt excite me they way it did back then. I think the moment in time in which these bands peaked was a big part of what made them so great. Now there are a million copycat bands that have embaressed and destroyed the scene.
11:21 AM on 01/10/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
At The Drive-In reunion is still causing my jaw to drag on the floor. I still like The Mars Volta more but the fact that I have a chance to actually see At The Drive-In in my lifetime is so overwhelming.

My buddy and I agree. The chance to see ATDI when we never thought it would be possible it insane. I'm quite sure if they play new York state. NYC would be logical but we are willing to travel. More fun that way right?
11:25 AM on 01/10/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
My buddy and I agree. The chance to see ATDI when we never thought it would be possible it insane. I'm quite sure if they play new York state. NYC would be logical but we are willing to travel. More fun that way right?
Definitely so. I'm hoping they'll play a show in DFW, which is very likely, but if not I'll gladly travel, especially knowing how logical an Austin show would be, and if not that, then they'll probably do a hometown El Paso show or SOMETHING.
11:27 AM on 01/10/12
ALineInYourBook
I'm never coming down.
User Info.
I'd love an Acceptance reuinion.

Yes, please.

Even better? Beloved reunion.
11:33 AM on 01/10/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll definitely be excited for Refused and At The Drive In once I know I won't have to drop 500+ to see them at a festival across the country (hotel fees, food, flight, tickets)...don't get me wrong, it's absolutely incredible that both are doing this, but a gigantic hipster festival is not the correct way to do The Shape of Punk to Come correctly, as they stated in their announcement.

Side note...am I missing something? Why do The Receiving End of Sirens even belong in the same mention as these two bands? Never saw them as being viewed anything close to iconic. To each their own, I guess?
11:43 AM on 01/10/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
None of this has set in. Still.
12:04 PM on 01/10/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
TREOS is still the best to me.
12:17 PM on 01/10/12
TenSpeed
User Info.
i was jumping out of my skin about refused. i dont understand why more people are blown away by this.
i literally had a conversation with my friend like two weeks ago about how at the drive in would never come back. and there was no way in hell refused would ever come back. and then it just... happened. on the same day.

i dont think anything has ever blown my mind that hard.
12:19 PM on 01/10/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Refused has me most excited. I'm always down for TREOS though.
12:47 PM on 01/10/12
thetruthisvile
..but vital to this cause.
User Info.
Now we just need Blink 182 to reunite.
12:50 PM on 01/10/12
hypa_dude
User Info.
I'm excited for them all but . . .

TREOS last album put me to sleep. I hope they make me excited to hear them again.

ATDI is incredibly influential and from what I've heard one of the best live shows ever, but I like Mars Volta better and think ATDI songs are very hit or miss. Regardless, I am most excited about the chance to see One Armed Scizzor played live. I also know they hate moshers so this would be a strange show, but great none the less.

The Refused . . . I am embarrassed to say I am almost completely unfamiliar with them. Before my time maybe? I'm 28? I will say that super-liberal old school punk gives me a headache, especially when I go to a show and get a political lecture. No thanks. I consider myself liberal but I'm not going to go out and "burn museums" and attempt to "overthrow the capitalist structure"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS