AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Dead Icons

Posted by - 05:43 AM on 01/11/12
Today we are premiering a song from the Kentucky-based hardcore act Dead Icons. They will release their debut album, Condemned, on January 24 via Bullet Tooth. If you like stage dive-ready hardcore such as Terror and Madball, head over to the band's AP.net profile to stream "The Longer You Wait."
About the Song"The Longer You Wait" is a song about how the longer it takes you to confront a problem, the worse it gets for you in the end. Sometimes it feels like everyone is watching you and judging all your decisions, and it makes it hard to actually make important ones when you feel like you might make the wrong choice. Eventually you realize that no matter what you will have to face the problem, and that maybe if you had dealt with it sooner then it wouldn't have had so much power over you and affected your life so much.

There have been a few instances in my life where I knew something was affecting me in a bad way, but I just ignored it over and over and over again thinking it would go away. It did not, in fact it ended up basically taking over my life and actually managing to shake the fabric of what I thought was my support, i.e. the lyrics "you thought you were safe, you thought this was your support." Now I know that I need to face these problems head on, end them, and move on before they can slither their way deeper into my life and cause real damage.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
05:58 AM on 01/11/12
Rodeo
User Info.
Song is pretty sick.
06:51 AM on 01/11/12
failedXromance
User Info.
Ive never even heard of this band, and I am in Kentucky! Ill definitely have to check out a show asap
08:34 AM on 01/11/12
TellYourFriends
The Bad Guy
User Info.
Definitely check them out. Really good people.
12:57 PM on 01/11/12
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
lol hardcore band from kentucky lol

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT