Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
10:39 AM on 01/11/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
When the website or magazine seems to give high scores to specific genres & low scores to others, I perceive a clear bias & say screw the review. Then there are other websites that give everything a high score to gain promotion (facebook likes, tweets) from the artist, label, & pr. "Mainstream Killed the Indie Star" has the most legit reviews I've seen thus far.
10:40 AM on 01/11/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
I think reviews matter in the sense that the more buzz I see around a new/young band, the more of a chance I'll listen to them whether the review is positive or negative

Nah, I see it as "paid" advertisement.
10:57 AM on 01/11/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Paid in what sense? We do it for free

I mean write reviews and receive free music in return. I'd write a good review for a label so they can keep sending me press copies of my favorite artists. Its a reviewer's perk for sure.
11:18 AM on 01/11/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Wait, is this serious? Goodbye integrity, hello free records.

That's a lot of websites & magazines. Trust that. Too many high scores. Biased on specific genres. Low integrity all around.
03:06 PM on 01/12/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Well, your opinion as a reviewer is officially moot.

Congratulations.
Read the comment below mine from Jason. Yea, reviews mean shit, especially in this "scene".
03:12 PM on 01/12/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Then separate yourself from the pack. Giving bands undeserved favorable press in exchange for more free music is disgraceful.
i'm not talking about myself idiot, read reviews they are bull crap for the most part and biased.
02:57 PM on 01/14/12
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm confused and I'm not trying to sound like a dick.
Its my opinion, alot of the reviews in this music scene and even mainstream depending on who's giving it are biased, either because the reviewer is a huge fan of that genre, hates the genre, or getting perks from the label. Few critics are honest. In my opinion, I hate Under The Gun reviews, they always score hardcore bands high and so does AltPress. Then APnet hates on the post-hardcore/scene stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos