AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mp3 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

CompiNation - A Free Compilation of Unsigned Bands Around the Country

Posted by - 03:56 PM on 01/11/12
One of our users, bradsonemanband, has compiled a collection of over 70 local/unsigned bands (many of which feature other AP.net members) divided between the four U.S. time zones. Download CompiNation for free on bandcamp via YNFB Records. Let us know what bands to look out for in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
04:07 PM on 01/11/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
After first glance, I'll say that Blood and Water and The Letter You are both great--I didn't notice any other names besides My Arcadia. I'm gonna download this and listen to the rest of the bands soon
04:19 PM on 01/11/12
sjb2k1
5-3, the kyle orton show
User Info.
yay it's finally done!
04:44 PM on 01/11/12
_veges_
User Info.
I remember reading about this and everyone saying it would never get done even though it was a cool idea. It's pretty awesome that he actually made this whole thing.
04:50 PM on 01/11/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
it only took about 8 months, but yeah, it's finally out there into the world now!!! i am sooo excited to finally have this released, but i'm even more excited that i was actually able to pull it off!

there are sooo many good bands on this. they're all well worth a listen. out of the hundreds of submissions that i got, i made sure to pick the most ear-pleasing bands of multiple genres. this compilation has everything!

i really hope that these bands get new fans out of this, make new friends, and i hope that people will discover a band that they didn't know about that's from their area so they can go check them out!

thanks so much to all the bands that participated in this (if you sent me a song and i didn't use you, i sincerely apologize! i eventually had to start turning people down because it got too full.)

thanks to Alex DiVincenzo for supporting this from the beginning and promoting it on AP.net!

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
04:55 PM on 01/11/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
it only took about 8 months, but yeah, it's finally out there into the world now!!! i am sooo excited to finally have this released, but i'm even more excited that i was actually able to pull it off!

there are sooo many good bands on this. they're all well worth a listen. out of the hundreds of submissions that i got, i made sure to pick the most ear-pleasing bands of multiple genres. this compilation has everything!

i really hope that these bands get new fans out of this, make new friends, and i hope that people will discover a band that they didn't know about that's from their area so they can go check them out!

thanks so much to all the bands that participated in this (if you sent me a song and i didn't use you, i sincerely apologize! i eventually had to start turning people down because it got too full.)

thanks to Alex DiVincenzo for supporting this from the beginning and promoting it on AP.net!

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
Your next task it do one with bands from each continent.
04:57 PM on 01/11/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Your next task it do one with bands from each continent.
i've been toying around with the idea of what theme to do for my next compilation. i've thought about doing a European one next. Maybe not 4 discs worth, but we'll see! haha
05:05 PM on 01/11/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
i've been toying around with the idea of what theme to do for my next compilation. i've thought about doing a European one next. Maybe not 4 discs worth, but we'll see! haha
Haha I look forward to it!
05:09 PM on 01/11/12
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh shit. Didn't even know we made it on this, that's awesome. Thanks dude.

To anybody downloading, we're track 5 of the Pacific disc. The Medication - Postcards to Nowhere. Let me know what you think.
05:21 PM on 01/11/12
BlueBradley
www.facebook.com/changetofire
User Info.
Hello there, strangers! My name is Blue, and I sing and play guitar in Change to Fire. Formerly from OKC, now settled in Utah; we are the 1st full length album that is being released on YNFB Records. Check out a tune from our upcoming album, "Caspia"

Check our Youtube for more tunes from the album.
You can also find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/changetofire

YNFB Records is run by true music folks, and Change to Fire are more than excited to release a record with them : )

06:24 PM on 01/11/12
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Definitely looking forward to this!
06:47 PM on 01/11/12
Spencer Control
Goddamn, I miss my dead friends
User Info.
Three new CDs, a stream of Enter Shikari, and now this? So much new good music to listen to... I need more time.
07:43 PM on 01/11/12
punk89
User Info.

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC!!!
Great job man!! So happy to see this out!

If you guys have a chance, my band is the last track in the Mountain Time Zone. It's "Subject One" by Monroe Monroe.

To be honest, we've put out some much better tracks since this, and one of the best ways to keep up with us and find more links is in our Self Promotion thread. Check it out here! http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1959722
07:47 PM on 01/11/12
punk89
User Info.
I'm good friends with My Body Sings Electric on the Mountain zone as well, so do check them out! I've never seen any of the dudes from MBSE on this site before. Show your face Brandon...
07:49 PM on 01/11/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
when the 200 free Bandcamp downloads run out (which will be soon, at the rate this is going), i have Mediafire links posted on there too, with unlimited downloads. so don't pay anything for it. you don't need to.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos