Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
good for them
10:58 AM on 01/12/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
That really irks me. I never imagined a member of a band like Thursday comprising integrity in exchange for a paycheck. I understand that playing music professionally is a job, but really? The song is catchy, but I don't honestly believe that this is what they want to be doing. The fact that they're doing it solely based on money really makes me uncomfortable
why is it so awful that they want to continue making money while still playing music?

they are still doing what they love to do.
11:04 AM on 01/12/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
who's even to say that they compromised their integrity in play for this boy band? do all of you know Tucker and Brian? was this decision something they struggled with? did they worry what people on the internet that don't know them or their intentions would think?

they are just playing in a backing band, it's a job, it's good for them.
11:11 AM on 01/12/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
I don't know, playing music you don't like for money is just weird to me. Especially when you're a musician that is going from the amazing tracks on no devolucion to supporting an english boy band instrumentally.
who says they don't like this?

they are probably indifferent to it.

I'm allowed to have my opinion too, and I just don't really get money driven desicions when it comes to art.

My point in that post is that everyone seems to be saying that they compromised and they sold out, but how do you guys know that they did? were they against playing music like this until they needed money? you guys seem to be assuming that just because they were in rock bands they would never play pop music and if they ever did it'd be "selling out"
11:18 AM on 01/12/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
I completely agree that I don't know them, they very well could have been yearning to back up a pop band all along, but I also have seen 2 members of bands reply saying they would play music they disliked too for money, and that just upsets me. But again, I have different thoughts than others. This is just a community and I'm voicing my opinion. I like that others feel differently because that makes it interesting, and I totally see where everyone's coming from
so just because two members of completely different bands say they wouldn't play pop music unless if was for money means every member of every band feels the same way?

and just because it's your opinion that they sold out doesn't mean that they did.
11:25 AM on 01/12/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
No it absolutely does not, it's the fact that some do that bothers me a great bit.

And you're absolutely right on that point, and I'd love to hear from them personally what motivated them to do this just out of pure interest. I don't even care if I'm right. If, however, it was only for money and not for a love of pop music--which It very well could be and I can respect that, as I love the work of Dr. Luke and various pop producers--then I will be dissapointed.
even if it was that why is that such a bad thing? a lot of people don't like their jobs, but people need to pay the bills so they do things they might not enjoy for money.

or is it different because it's music and people are concerned with image and integrity?
11:31 AM on 01/12/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
I can see how a lot of people would see that as a perfectly fine thing, especially when you compare it to an office job, because god knows not many people like going and sitting at a cubicle each day. However, music is something that I think is different than a job and when it simply becomes something you do for the sole purpose of money, it's time to stop. But I don't know, maybe that's pretentious but it's just the way I think, honestly.

I can understand where you're coming from, but like Adam said this is pretty much the same as studio work. They didn't write this music, they are just preforming it. Which I think should make others see it a little bit differently than if they wrote this for the sole intention of mindless pop music so they can get album sales.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests