Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 64.
11:12 AM on 01/12/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
true, but from my past experiences with MTS; they may take a while to get their releases out, but they are always top quality.
This.
11:16 AM on 01/12/12
Lallysup
Lally - Transit Merch Guy
User Info.
Hot topic will most likely put this in only a sleeve and on shitty not 180 gram vinyl. They're in it for the $$$
MTS will have an awesome version with a beautiful gatefold and will be the vinyl that toypaj deserves to be on.
11:30 AM on 01/12/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Hot topic will most likely put this in only a sleeve and on shitty not 180 gram vinyl. They're in it for the $$$
MTS will have an awesome version with a beautiful gatefold and will be the vinyl that toypaj deserves to be on.
did you not read the article? It said HT would be releasing it on 180 gram black vinyl.
11:30 AM on 01/12/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
anyways, this is good news, but I'm more excited about Hot Topic repressing TAITA sometime this winter.
11:40 AM on 01/12/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
I know I can prob edit it out. And blink is my fave.
But does there really need to be a news item everytime an album gets re pressed for stupid vinyl?
11:40 AM on 01/12/12
NJUNDERDOG
I HAVE RECORDS FOR SALE, PM ME
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this hot topic repress will be on 180 gram. the guy who got this pressing going said it will be and they're doing it mainly on his urging because MTS has putzed around forever with their pressing and people got tired of waiting.

astonsihed by the support here for a "label" that took people's money 6 months ago and still has not supplied an actual product. plus it came out recently that MTS does not even have the records in production yet. 6 months later and the records still arent even done let alone being pressed. but yeah, keep supporting a "label" that lies through their teeth, ignores customers, inflates the price of their own releases when people ask for refunds and repeatedly runs into delay after delay after delay after delay because they have no money all because the jacket their records will come in might be slightly cooler. because the jacket makes records sound better. the jacket for MTS' TOYPAJ will just be a horribly distorted blown up image of the CD artwork with giant heashots of all the band members with little slits to hold three 7" records, inside the gatefold wow! how creatively stunning and elaborate!
11:41 AM on 01/12/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.

not true. Travis really does care about the albums he represses. 180 gram vinyl was confirmed, and the 7" may be pressed by them too.

MTS has awful customer service and a delay this long on a record is pathetic. My MTS enema of the state is beautiful and a great press, but my blink-182 self titled and my blink-182 MTATS sound/look amazing as well.

Hot Topic may have some shitty merchandise, but they have good service and a good selection when it comes to vinyl.
11:42 AM on 01/12/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I know I can prob edit it out. And blink is my fave.
But does there really need to be a news item everytime an album gets re pressed for stupid vinyl?

a lot of people care about vinyl. An album this popular and a pressing this small are newsworthy because they sell out rather quick and AP.net is a good way to let everybody know about it so everyone has a chance to grab it.
11:44 AM on 01/12/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
a lot of people care about vinyl. An album this popular and a pressing this small are newsworthy because they sell out rather quick and AP.net is a good way to let everybody know about it so everyone has a chance to grab it.

Bah. Just seems like every third news post is about a blink album getting repressed.
12:10 PM on 01/12/12
Lallysup
User Info.
did you not read the article? It said HT would be releasing it on 180 gram black vinyl.

Clearly I didn't.
12:12 PM on 01/12/12
Lallysup
User Info.
not true. Travis really does care about the albums he represses. 180 gram vinyl was confirmed, and the 7" may be pressed by them too.

MTS has awful customer service and a delay this long on a record is pathetic. My MTS enema of the state is beautiful and a great press, but my blink-182 self titled and my blink-182 MTATS sound/look amazing as well.

Hot Topic may have some shitty merchandise, but they have good service and a good selection when it comes to vinyl.

I suppose I've just had bad luck with hot topic vinyl. I have tragic kingdom and it wasn't on 180. Maybe Gwen just doesn't care like Travis does?
12:47 PM on 01/12/12
NJUNDERDOG
I HAVE RECORDS FOR SALE, PM ME
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you do realize that hot topic has pretty much zero say or final approval on the fine print details of any record they sell as an exclusive pressing. they are not a label. it's the label's decision what colors to press it on, whether to press in on 180 gram or not, the type and details of the jacket. hot topic only agrees to carry the entire pressing, giving the label a guaranteed retailer and that they will sell the entire pressing before it's even made.
12:51 PM on 01/12/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
this hot topic repress will be on 180 gram. the guy who got this pressing going said it will be and they're doing it mainly on his urging because MTS has putzed around forever with their pressing and people got tired of waiting.

astonsihed by the support here for a "label" that took people's money 6 months ago and still has not supplied an actual product. plus it came out recently that MTS does not even have the records in production yet. 6 months later and the records still arent even done let alone being pressed. but yeah, keep supporting a "label" that lies through their teeth, ignores customers, inflates the price of their own releases when people ask for refunds and repeatedly runs into delay after delay after delay after delay because they have no money all because the jacket their records will come in might be slightly cooler. because the jacket makes records sound better. the jacket for MTS' TOYPAJ will just be a horribly distorted blown up image of the CD artwork with giant heashots of all the band members with little slits to hold three 7" records, inside the gatefold wow! how creatively stunning and elaborate!

I have no problem with how long they're taking. This is the fourth of their blink records I've ordered, and they've delivered before so I'm confident that even if it takes til next September I'll get mine. They didn't take my money, I gave it to them with the knowledge that it would more likely than not take longer to deliver than what they said. Why in such a hurry? Why such immediacy for vinyl?

Bah. Just seems like every third news post is about a blink album getting repressed.

you mean one or two posts a week? You really should put that filter up.
12:57 PM on 01/12/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
I have no problem with how long they're taking. This is the fourth of their blink records I've ordered, and they've delivered before so I'm confident that even if it takes til next September I'll get mine. They didn't take my money, I gave it to them with the knowledge that it would more likely than not take longer to deliver than what they said. Why in such a hurry? Why such immediacy for vinyl?

you mean one or two posts a week? You really should put that filter up.
two a day! and i will put filter up. is there a vinyl option?
01:01 PM on 01/12/12
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
Nothing is as beautiful as the one my boyfriend has. NOTHING. Tri color vinyl!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums