AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Killswitch Engage News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Tommy Vext in Talks with Killswitch Engage

Posted by - 08:23 PM on 01/12/12
Tommy Vext (Divine Heresy, Snot) has admitted he has been contacted by Killswitch Engage's management about auditioning and says he is interested.

Submitted by Rysker6

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
08:28 PM on 01/12/12
OGODTHAFTERMATH
User Info.
He was the obvious replacement, but im not so sure he'd be the absolute best. We'll see.
08:32 PM on 01/12/12
KevBlu42
User Info.
Bring back Jesse Leach with an AOJB tour. Any fan of the band is going to be disappointed with anything less.

Seriously though, the band has run its course so all that's left is one last nostalgia run.
08:52 PM on 01/12/12
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Hey Jason, it's cool to see you doing a lot more news articles again recently.
09:01 PM on 01/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hey Jason, it's cool to see you doing a lot more news articles again recently.
Thanks. Nice to be back into the publishing side of things. Spent like ... 2? years ... so focused on the coding and designing of the new website, that I haven't been able to focus on the other part of this that I love: the music, the forums, the news, the writing. Can't wait to soon combine the two! Wonder twins style.
09:05 PM on 01/12/12
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
Thanks. Nice to be back into the publishing side of things. Spent like ... 2? years ... so focused on the coding and designing of the new website, that I haven't been able to focus on the other part of this that I love: the music, the forums, the news, the writing. Can't wait to soon combine the two! Wonder twins style.
Yeah you kinda seem like a giddy little kid occasionally these days when posting stuff like that "Chinese Democracy" thread or the AWS thing you just posted. Cool to see.

And yeah, we can't wait to see the combination either, needless to say.
09:45 PM on 01/12/12
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the exact quote is
Quote:
I've spoke with Vaughn Lewis at Strong Management (KSE's manager) today concerning auditions but that is all I can say for now.

"spoke with" doesnt necessarily mean they contacted him. something as simple and meaningless as sending an unsolicited email saying he wants to audition could be considered speaking with them.
10:48 PM on 01/12/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's going to be so tough to replace Howard. This guy's screams are on point, but I'm not sure about the cleans.
10:55 PM on 01/12/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Bring back Jesse Leach with an AOJB tour. Any fan of the band is going to be disappointed with anything less.

Seriously though, the band has run its course so all that's left is one last nostalgia run.
This exactly. A new album with Jesse would be cool too but if he's not their "new" singer then it's really time to call it quits.
11:05 PM on 01/12/12
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.

When's the new site gonna launch?
11:06 PM on 01/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
When's the new site gonna launch?
3 - 4 months I would imagine.
11:38 PM on 01/12/12
Sext Offender
hey bud, lets party
User Info.
just checked out dh, sounds like Oceano with crappy all the remains/shadows fall singing. bleh

plus all the guys in the band look like random guys playing together, not a real band. idk if that makes sense but yeah
11:58 PM on 01/12/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I really hope he doesn't get the job, dude is an asshole. There's a reason he got fired from Divine Heresy and it's not because he can't hit the notes.
11:58 PM on 01/12/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
I thought Snots singer was dead?
12:01 AM on 01/13/12
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
I thought Snots singer was dead?
You're think of Lynn, he died 13 years ago in a car accident.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos