AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Artist Power Rankings (January 13th)

Posted by: Jason Tate (01/12/12)
Oh, shit! It's Friday the 13th. Freak the fuck out. It was another great week around the website. It started out insane, and thankfully it didn't really ever slow down. It's not like we were ever going to top Monday's awesomeness though. So, in following up last week's debut of the "artist power rankings" - here's this week's list after looking over all the stats. Basically the first day of the week kicked everyone out from last week. Poor Brand New. I wonder what Jesse Lacey thinks?

1) At the Drive-In
NoteThe thread about them reuniting was ridiculously awesome. All kinds of great posts. All kinds of nostalgic love. That was basically what kicked off Monday's insanity ... and if anyone wants to say they didn't dominate the week: they're wrong.

2) Refused
NoteThey are not fucking dead.

3) Say Anything
NoteThe thread about "Admit It Again" is already skyrocketing when it comes to comments and views. They swooped in at the end of the week and jumped up the list -- although the album information post was going to land them somewhere on here anyway.

4) The Receiving End of Sirens
NoteThose sneaky little tricksters. The rumors continue to circle around ... but one thing is very certain: APnetters are absolutely obsessed with this band. They want to know what's going on - and they really are hoping for a tour and new release. We'll keep you updated on what we hear (that we're allowed to talk about). This is the last night in my body!!

5) Anthony Ranieri
NoteHis chat on the website was definitely a success. We can't thank him enough for taking the time to talk with everyone. Check out the Bayside frontman's solo stuff.

6) Coachella
NoteNot a band - but this insanely great line-up dominated our Monday. It was one of those days where I couldn't stop refreshing three or four different threads. From looking at all the comments and views, I wasn't the only one. Warped Tour's announcement just couldn't compete.

7) Punchline
NoteSorry guys, you dropped down the list (it was a fucking ridiculous week, seriously) ... but you're still here because of the follow up "ultimatum" post. I think you'll need to smack Cody Payne in the face or something to hit number one. Up for the challenge?

8) The Wonder Years / Glamour Kills Tour
NoteThe Wonder Years are headlining it, and the support bands were announced. The clothing may suck - but the tour looks pretty damn good.

9) Jay-Z / Beyonce / Blue Ivy
NoteUmm ... more celebrity stuff with babies and billboard charts. It got a lot of clicks and comments. How many people could get away with naming their kid after a color?

10) A Wilhelm Scream
NoteBecause I want to put them here. And the real band would probably be The Used for all the responses about their new song. But it's my list, so it's my call.

So, that's basically the week in recap. The numbers have been counted and the democracy that comes flowing from your mouse has spoken. Minus that whole dictatorship thing at the end - this is your week's power rankings! "Give me the strength or the balls to be hated..."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55.
11:18 PM on 01/12/12
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
From the few pages I read in the SA thread... People did not like Admit It Again at all... Minus Samsara
11:24 PM on 01/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
From the few pages I read in the SA thread... People did not like Admit It Again at all... Minus Samsara
Seemed pretty split from my perusal. Polarizing for sure.
11:27 PM on 01/12/12
Brian vs Shark
AP's biggest Mike Kinsella Fanboy
User Info.
Seemed pretty split from my perusal. Polarizing for sure.
What was your take on it (Sorry if you posted it in the thread)?
11:28 PM on 01/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
What was your take on it (Sorry if you posted it in the thread)?
I liked it. I am looking forward to hearing it in context with the other album. I think it'll be a good CD. I also agreed with someone else's comment about wishing there were some gang vocals.
11:33 PM on 01/12/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Song is awesome
11:34 PM on 01/12/12
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
I liked it. I am looking forward to hearing it in context with the other album. I think it'll be a good CD. I also agreed with someone else's comment about wishing there were some gang vocals.
The "freak the fuck out" link is 404'ing, for me at least.
11:34 PM on 01/12/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I liked the new say anything song
11:37 PM on 01/12/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
The "freak the fuck out" link is 404'ing, for me at least.
Will fix, stupid google.

11:39 PM on 01/12/12
callforswarley
Never tell me the odds.
User Info.
Concerning #7, didn't Brokencyde already do that?
11:42 PM on 01/12/12
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
Will fix, stupid google.

Ahhaha definitely worth it. Great .gif. I also love this feature, glad to see it happening again.
01:36 AM on 01/13/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
i like the new weekly round up feature. especially since even though I come here everyday, I didn't notice all 10 stories the first time around.

and I really do like Admit It Again.

- Gunz
02:30 AM on 01/13/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
Not a bad list.
02:49 AM on 01/13/12
Kyle Garchar
You can quake at the thought of it
User Info.
Really? Glamour Kills clothing sucks?

-____-
03:21 AM on 01/13/12
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really dig Admit It Again, especially the ending.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS