AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Myspace News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 60.
10:52 AM on 01/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
What a dumb article. Doesn't The Wall Street Journal have better things to talk about?
Probably not. It's also over a year old. I just stumbled on it today.
10:54 AM on 01/13/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
If a bunch of musicians are creative enough to write good music and to form a band, the name will kind of just come with them. I'm sure that's not always the case though.
10:54 AM on 01/13/12
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
I was unaware that there was a list of good band names that people had to choose from.
11:02 AM on 01/13/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
I was unaware that there was a list of good band names that people had to choose from.
Me too. I wonder where this list is being held.
11:03 AM on 01/13/12
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.
Andy: The band has had a few different names over the years. When we started, we were Teddy Bear Suicide, but then we changed it to Mouse Rat. Then we were God Hates Figs, Department of Homeland Obscurity, Flames for Flames, Muscle Confusion, Nothing Rhymes With Orange, then Everything Rhymes With Orange, Punch Face Champions, Rad Wagon, Puppy Pendulum, Possum Pendulum, Penis Pendulum, Handrail Suicide, Angel Snack, Just the Tip, Threeskin... [long pause] Oh, Jet Black Pope. We went back to Mouse Rat, and now we are Scarecrow Boat. God, when I hear myself say Scarecrow Boat out loud I kinda hate it...
Sounds like it's Andy's fault, not Myspace's.
11:05 AM on 01/13/12
TheLetGo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought this thread was about Name Taken at first. I miss that band.
11:06 AM on 01/13/12
zachff
is Dalton Russell
User Info.
Andy: The band has had a few different names over the years. When we started, we were Teddy Bear Suicide, but then we changed it to Mouse Rat. Then we were God Hates Figs, Department of Homeland Obscurity, Flames for Flames, Muscle Confusion, Nothing Rhymes With Orange, then Everything Rhymes With Orange, Punch Face Champions, Rad Wagon, Puppy Pendulum, Possum Pendulum, Penis Pendulum, Handrail Suicide, Angel Snack, Just the Tip, Threeskin... [long pause] Oh, Jet Black Pope. We went back to Mouse Rat, and now we are Scarecrow Boat. God, when I hear myself say Scarecrow Boat out loud I kinda hate it...
Mouserat you say?
11:08 AM on 01/13/12
epaynedds
User Info.
If I was ever in a band, I'd name it "Polka Dots & Stripes." I've had that in my mind forever now for some reason...
11:16 AM on 01/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
If a bunch of musicians are creative enough to write good music and to form a band, the name will kind of just come with them. I'm sure that's not always the case though.
Most band members hate their names when I talk to them. Haha, Green Day and Foo Fighters and Brand New have all talked shit on their names at one point or another.

/Coming from someone who thought ABsolutepUnk was a good idea.
11:17 AM on 01/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Sounds like it's Andy's fault, not Myspace's.
Not a Parks and Rec fan?
11:26 AM on 01/13/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
"All The Good Band Names Are Taken" ...sounds like a good band name...
11:29 AM on 01/13/12
Simulcast
You can't kill us all
User Info.
Not a Parks and Rec fan?
Love that show. Silly joke on my part.
12:01 PM on 01/13/12
trojanick
they all got boyfriends anyway
User Info.
My ideas for band names:

The Royal Divorce
Shyamalan Twist
Jumping Frenchmen of Maine
12:01 PM on 01/13/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
It could get quite confusing ... a band's name is meant to identify them. If there are 6 different bands with the same name, this gets even more difficult.

But I mean, I don't have any problems figuring out the difference between Ben Nichols' band and the hispanic pop singer.

Like you said, a band's name is meant to identify them. So forcing a band to change that identity after six years seems a little rude. If you don't like the confusion that arose, why not change your name? It's not like you can argue that picking the name "Discovery" for your band is something another band couldnt have independently done on their own.
12:10 PM on 01/13/12
sooverratedyeah
I like bands before your sister!
User Info.
We are "The Soap Opera Babies" TSOB for short. ya know HIPV, FOB, NFG
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music