AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Best Posts of the Week: January 9th.

Posted by - 02:19 PM on 01/13/12
As of right now there are over 17 million posts on this website. We're actually really close to 18 million now that I look at it. We like to talk, a lot. And while not all of them are gems ... there are some pretty hilarious and well said things on the website during the week. Today, I want to try out a new column where I highlight the "best posts of the week." There is absolutely no way I am going to be able to go through every single post on a weekly basis; however, with the help of staff - we've worked on compiling our favorites that we've seen. Now that the feature is in place, we'll hopefully do a better job making note of these when we see them throughout the week. And while I'd love to basically just make this RepliesWithGifs' posts over and over again - I'm going to try and be more diverse. If you click on the little arrow thingy next to the username, you'll be able to go see the post in the thread it originated in ... context, sometimes, helps.

Best Posts of The Week: January 9th.

If a Cassadee Pope goes solo, and no one listens, does it make a sound?

I constantly do this with Saves The Day. At least once a month, I'll take one week and indulge in their discography. If it was possible, I'd grind their discography up and shoot it directly into my blood stream

spongebob was the voice of the racist parrot, ah-mah-zung

Inventing a tiny microphone to put in a girl's vagina when I impregnate her. You're going down, B.I.C.

There's an app for that.

It's actually derived from the word "gib" which was a type of creature from Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Urbervilles. This creature spoke in a garbled language similar and was the largest creature in the land (gib = big spelled backwards). It got widespread use when Shakespeare referenced it as a way that Banquo spoke after seeing the witches in Macbeth.

"And Banquo, form a specific thought he could not;
for gibberish engulfed and his mind began to rot."

none of that was true but i am bored and decided to make up a story and i hope you believed it

You're thinking this is amazing right now, right? Now highlight Anton's full post with your mouse.

Last year we wrote and recorded an album, did two full uk runs, and a 46 date US headliner in a four month period. Yeah we dropped off a tour that turned out drawing a maximum 100 kids a night last october. Boo hoo. Life goes on.

None are as good as Mrs. Potato Dick though...

If a band actually names themselves this - I will give them a post on the main-page of the website. Wait, there's a twitter for this? Is this real life? I am not in on the joke.

--

If you have any you'd like to nominate, hit up the replies. If you right click on a quote button and go to "new tab" - you can copy the "quote" code from a post to then paste in a new post and share.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 89
02:21 PM on 01/13/12
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Proud to make that list. But that first post: Wow.
02:22 PM on 01/13/12
Mitch
this is water
User Info.
Anton's post is the best.
02:23 PM on 01/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Anton's post is the best.
Anton's post is so good it sets a standard for all posts from here on out. Each time I click "Post Quick Reply" - a part of me dies knowing I can not live up to his standards.
02:24 PM on 01/13/12
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
Great. Now I have something to strive for on the site.
02:24 PM on 01/13/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
I don't get why AJ's post is on there. You can probably catch TDS on tour like 5 times this year, depending on where you live. I think Dustin Harkins had the best post.

Also, you should have best gifs of the week.
02:28 PM on 01/13/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This features is absolutely fantastic.
That comment about Pope is brutal, but hysterical.
wall e
Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!
User Info.
Hahaha this is great.
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
the first one is hilarious lol
02:29 PM on 01/13/12
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
great feature.

does it only apply to news posts or forums too?
02:30 PM on 01/13/12
Smash Adams
I can't be sick I'm a robot
User Info.
um thanks I guess
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't get why AJ's post is on there. You can probably catch TDS on tour like 5 times this year, depending on where you live. I think Dustin Harkins had the best post.

Also, you should have best gifs of the week.
I am trying to figure out a best way to do a "best images" post ... reddit has it down. Not sure how we would do something like that yet.
Jason Tate
User Info.
great feature.

does it only apply to news posts or forums too?
Forums as well. I just happened to mostly see news post stuff this week.
02:31 PM on 01/13/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
That show's awesome. Just glad other people like it.
02:31 PM on 01/13/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
This needs to happen every week.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT