Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
05:39 PM on 01/14/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
This is actually the first proper single. The one to get a video and everything. "Burn A Miracle" was just the first single song to be released. It's what they did with In Defense of The Genre by releasing those single songs as a sampler for the album (Skinny Mean Man, People Like You, etc...).
05:40 PM on 01/14/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Are they still planning to release the album in March after the leak? I feel bad since it's like a 2 month gap.
There's release dates for a reason. March 13th is still the release date.
05:45 PM on 01/14/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
I love the song. Don't get all the hate for the album.
Their last album was simply produced to be a major label release, hence all the clean production and being overly produced. This album, I feel, is the most organic sounding album they've done. I think everyone was expecting ...is a real boy part two, since they went with Tim O'Heir again. The band has matured and grown since 2004. ...is a real boy part 2 won't happen. People need to learn this. Any band can make the same record multiple times, it takes real talent to broaden your musical ability.
08:43 PM on 01/14/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Does anyone want IARB 2.0? I don't feel like that's the community's wish at all; we just wanted new Say Anything.
Also, self-titled was cleanly produced, but meh; doesn't sound major label to me.
I think a lot of it was aimed to sound major, well about half of it. It fell short, but that's not a bad thing at all in my eyes. I loved IARB just like everyone else, but it's something they've already done. That album alone means so much to me. I don't want them to do another one. They're doing what I want from them now. They're making music that sets them apart from everyone else. They're sounding different. Not one album sounds like the last. Not one song sounds like the last. That's what I love about them. I'm excited to see the kinds of bands they'll tour with to support this record. I think it's opened up a lot more for them. We'll see though.
08:51 PM on 01/14/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Yeah, I can't put my finger on what it is that I don't like. It just seems like every song is still in the demo phases. Nothing feels fully fleshed out, and every song needs a little more (minus "Burn A Miracle," which I love).
I don't feel like they're in the demo phases still. It could be my preference, but to me it sounds more raw and organic. I know he was going for more of a "live" setting for the songs. I think he pulled it off quite nicely. I'm excited to see how these are going to be played live.
09:08 PM on 01/14/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
No, I agree. I just thought it was off you drove home the point so hard. SA has evolved greatly since IARB, and I don't think anyone wanted them to just make 2.0.

The vocals are mixed wayyyyy overtop the music. The music doesn't pop like it needs to. I feel like claiming it's "organic" is kind of a cop out.
I basically just think some people were expecting IARB part two. I mean Max did say that compared to IARB, this would be the sister album. I have to listen to it again to see exactly how it's mixed. I remember thinking the kick drum needed to come up and the bass in "Night's Song" as well as the bass in "Admit It Again". Also I noticed his voice gets a natural distortion from maybe hitting the peak levels at times. I still think it's a great album from what it is. I think it's a night time album too, made for cold days. I'm personally happy with it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums