AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
06:19 PM on 01/14/12
Mistle
User Info.
amazing song. so energetic. easily one of my favs from the album.
i enjoyed the acoustic version, but the studio version made me love it.
07:00 PM on 01/14/12
Mistle
User Info.
Wow, the album is already leaked. Reminds me Brand New, you know. Perhaps, they'll start over or release something completely different. Probably not, but hell BN did it.
Well this is a completely mixed and mastered album lol. BN just had leaked demos.
09:52 PM on 01/14/12
Mistle
User Info.
i wonder if their next album will do a complete 180 and be heavy. i like this album, but i would also like that.
03:25 PM on 01/15/12
Mistle
User Info.
This album is growing on me still. I was disappointed at first, but when I just chilled out, laid in bed and listened to it with some nice headphones, I really started liking it.

One of the gems is at the end of "Peace Out" where you can hear the metronome and way at the end with the volume loud you can hear a chair creaking. Just makes the album a little more awesome.
Same. I liked it first listen, but was also disappointed. It just wasn't anything like I was hoping for.

But listening to it more and more, it's growing on me so much. Only song I don't like is Of Steel, the rest all have a certain charm. "The Stephen Hawking" is brilliant.
04:55 PM on 01/15/12
Mistle
User Info.
This.

I wanted a decent album, with decent lyrics and arrangement, instead it seems he made this album - this after he came out and said bad things about the albums he made on his previous label and said how this was going to be his best work basically, no charm to this album.

I hope I am wrong and it grows, but it just sounds bland to my ears.
I dig the album and think there's heaps of charm, but I do agree that I was expecting something much different because of Max's comments. He made it seem like they were branching out and doing something really left-of-field.

It could have benefited from some more wacky arrangements and distorted guitars.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos