Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts
12:20 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
ya, 2009 is a long ass time. Phoenix. April 5, 2009. Album released May 2009.
...their 4th album
12:30 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
"Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator."

this is the original post. at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?
I'm confused about what confuses you. They put out 3 other major albums. Major in the sense that the band was popular (moreseo in France before the US), and major in the sense that they were on a major lable... EMI
12:34 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
i'm confused about what confuses you. the original post, again,

"Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator."

at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?
How are you missing the point so badly?

Quote:
ya, 2009 is a long ass time. Phoenix. April 5, 2009. Album released May 2009.

what you said has no relevance to the thread. The album that Phoenix released in 2009 was not "before releasing a major album" so why did you bring them into the conversation...
12:44 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
how are you missing the point so badly? What you said has no relevance to the thread. Phoenix played SNL before releasing a major album in the US. They played SNL to promote the major album they were about to release in the US. so, again,

this is where you are wrong. They released major albums before Wolfgang. The end. You're focusing on something that isn't even part of this conversation so I'm outta here
12:46 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
The only other artist to do it was Natalie Imbruglia.

LDR was fucking horrid.
It actually surprises me that no other artist has in the past 14 years
01:07 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
Phoenix put out "It's Never Been Like That" on Astralwerks in 2006 in the US. They're a division of Virgin.
at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!??!?! ?
01:33 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
Haha.

What the OP should read is that Lana Del Rey is the first artist in 14 years to perform on SNL before releasing an album at all. Her first physical album is out at the end of the month; she put out a digital EP a few months ago. Impressive considering SNL is pretty huge for any artist, but less so when you consider the money behind her and who her supporters are.

She's the definition of a manufactured talent; stage name chosen by the label, promoted by billionaire daddy, and hyped by every blog and magazine that they could buy. Nobody will know who she is in a year.
she does have another full length out, but from a tiny independent, so "major" is still important in the messaging.

Honestly, I think everyone is shitting all over her too much because it's the cool thing to do. "Video Games" is a good song, whereas the rest has somewhat fallen flat. It's not her fault she's gotten so popular, but it is her fault for not being ready for it. She clearly is too nervous for tv and still needs time.

I'll probably enjoy her album, but no matter how good it is it'll be torn apart which is kind of a sad state of affairs

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos