Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 100
12:46 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
The only other artist to do it was Natalie Imbruglia.

LDR was fucking horrid.
It actually surprises me that no other artist has in the past 14 years
12:47 AM on 01/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
this is where you are wrong. They released major albums before Wolfgang. The end. You're focusing on something that isn't even part of this conversation so I'm outta here
what is your definition of "major"? hasn't lizzie grant released a "major" album before this one about to come out.....

the end. you're focusing on something that isn't even part of this conversation PEACE OUT BRO

edit: don't reply to this. you have left the thread and will be a disgrace
12:51 AM on 01/15/12
Deth
User Info.
I'll say it again, she was honestly one of the worst performances on SNL I've ever seen. And it wasn't because she was boring or just standing there, it was because she's completely fucking tone-deaf and kept randomly breaking out in some bizarre fake German accent like she was possessed.

It wasn't nerves either, look at literally all of her live performances that haven't been through editing. She's terrible (not to mention completely fake, but that's another story).
I don't know even know who this chick is, but I had to watch after you said all that.
12:55 AM on 01/15/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I saw this live. I had no idea who that girl was (I thought it was Isla Fisher for a second). Wow, was this horrendous! Who's cock (or cocks) did she have to suck to get on SNL???
01:03 AM on 01/15/12
totallysweet
User Info.
Dreadful performance. What was with the weird Russian/German accent that came and went? She was so pitchy and so boring. How has she become this buzz artist?
01:05 AM on 01/15/12
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
Phoenix put out "It's Never Been Like That" on Astralwerks in 2006 in the US. They're a division of Virgin.
01:07 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
Phoenix put out "It's Never Been Like That" on Astralwerks in 2006 in the US. They're a division of Virgin.
at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!??!?! ?
Mens
User since 2002
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll say it again, she was honestly one of the worst performances on SNL I've ever seen. And it wasn't because she was boring or just standing there, it was because she's completely fucking tone-deaf and kept randomly breaking out in some bizarre fake German accent like she was possessed.

It wasn't nerves either, look at literally all of her live performances that haven't been through editing. She's terrible (not to mention completely fake, but that's another story).
She's definitely not tone-deaf. She's just a little inconsistent with her expressions.
gladnads
iGnoble Apathian
User Info.
wow this was awful. wtf lana. quit riding the coat tails of the same song that you apparently can't even sing live.
01:14 AM on 01/15/12
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!!??!!??!?! ?
Haha.

What the OP should read is that Lana Del Rey is the first artist in 14 years to perform on SNL before releasing an album at all. Her first physical album is out at the end of the month; she put out a digital EP a few months ago. Impressive considering SNL is pretty huge for any artist, but less so when you consider the money behind her and who her supporters are.

She's the definition of a manufactured talent; stage name chosen by the label, promoted by billionaire daddy, and hyped by every blog and magazine that they could buy. Nobody will know who she is in a year.
01:22 AM on 01/15/12
InfiniteArms
Oh, the places you'll go!
User Info.

Exactly. She can't sing and performance was boring as hell!
01:22 AM on 01/15/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.

Ghost posting now I see. And the "!?" are a nice touch sir.
01:28 AM on 01/15/12
Festivus
for the rest of us...
User Info.
As indifferent as I am to LDR I was sure that at worst she'd do a mediocre job on SNL. This was pretty horrid though, I got major second hand embarrassment from this.
01:33 AM on 01/15/12
irthesteve
User Info.
Haha.

What the OP should read is that Lana Del Rey is the first artist in 14 years to perform on SNL before releasing an album at all. Her first physical album is out at the end of the month; she put out a digital EP a few months ago. Impressive considering SNL is pretty huge for any artist, but less so when you consider the money behind her and who her supporters are.

She's the definition of a manufactured talent; stage name chosen by the label, promoted by billionaire daddy, and hyped by every blog and magazine that they could buy. Nobody will know who she is in a year.
she does have another full length out, but from a tiny independent, so "major" is still important in the messaging.

Honestly, I think everyone is shitting all over her too much because it's the cool thing to do. "Video Games" is a good song, whereas the rest has somewhat fallen flat. It's not her fault she's gotten so popular, but it is her fault for not being ready for it. She clearly is too nervous for tv and still needs time.

I'll probably enjoy her album, but no matter how good it is it'll be torn apart which is kind of a sad state of affairs
02:59 AM on 01/15/12
mitchellyoung
User Info.
Interestingly, Karmin will be the musical guest in a few weeks when Zooey Deschanel hosts, so if you thought Lana Del Rey was horrible, get ready for that. Also, they too have yet to release a studio album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos