AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 100
04:00 AM on 01/15/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Yeah I'd make sex to her, but we'd have to duct tape her mouth shut a few layers.
06:19 AM on 01/15/12
flyingmonkey711
User Info.
Rich daddy's little girl, didn't start singing till 2010, daddy pays for recordings, advertisement, management, etc., = Awful artist on SNL at the start of 2012.

Bullshit. Haha.

Seriously though, she came on and my roommates and I were immediately appalled. It was terrible. Kanye West was more enjoyable in his Auto-tune phase...
07:08 AM on 01/15/12
zbrmike79
Ran Away From Home
User Info.
"Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator."

this is the original post. at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?
yr annoying - if you weren't drunk when posting these arguments there's no excuse for being so dumb, if you're really interpreted this post that way.

every band, technically, assuming that after they played SNL didn't break-up or stop releasing studio albums played it before releasing a major studio album - so with yr backass stupid logic the last band to do this was whoever played last week.
07:10 AM on 01/15/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Dreadful performance. What was with the weird Russian/German accent that came and went? She was so pitchy and so boring. How has she become this buzz artist?

I saw this live. I had no idea who that girl was (I thought it was Isla Fisher for a second). Wow, was this horrendous! Who's cock (or cocks) did she have to suck to get on SNL???

From her wikipedia:
Quote:
She is the daughter of domain investor and millionaire Rob Grant.[7][8][9] Grant's management chose her stage name, "I wanted to be a band but the label I was with and the team I had around me absolutely wanted me to be a solo artist. Lana Del Rey came from a series of managers and lawyers over the last 5 years who wanted a name that they thought better fit the sound of the music." [10] Del Rey first released a 3-track EP titled Kill Kill in October 2008.[11][12]. She later released a full-length studio abum titled "Lana Del Ray" in January 2010.[13] It was the singer's first professionally produced album, released under Lizzy Grant on an independent label with producer David Kahne.[14] Del Rey stated that "David asked to work with me only a day after he got my demo. He is known as a producer with a lot of integrity and who had an interest in making music that wasn't just pop."[15] Her father, Robert Grant, helped with the marketing of the album, [16] which was available for purchase on iTunes for a brief period before being withdrawn for unknown reasons

Best post on tumblr about her "performance:"

Lana: *mumbles mumbles*
Lana: *dances awkwardly*
Lana: *mumbles mumbles*
Lana: *moan and whines*
Lana: *mumbles in different key*
07:58 AM on 01/15/12
Clintoto
thefifties.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Rich daddy's little girl, didn't start singing till 2010, daddy pays for recordings, advertisement, management, etc., = Awful artist on SNL at the start of 2012.

Bullshit. Haha.

Seriously though, she came on and my roommates and I were immediately appalled. It was terrible. Kanye West was more enjoyable in his Auto-tune phase...

Gross. Maybe next time it'll be Rebecca Black, however, they might have to do a special edition called Friday Night Live.
08:07 AM on 01/15/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
She's definitely still really uncomfortable performing, but I'm still a big fan
08:43 AM on 01/15/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I mean, yeah, it wasn't one of the best performances I've seen but I think a lot of people are making it sound a lot worse than it was. I thought she did okay.
08:55 AM on 01/15/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
I mean, yeah, it wasn't one of the best performances I've seen but I think a lot of people are making it sound a lot worse than it was. I thought she did okay.
People just like to hate her
08:56 AM on 01/15/12
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
User Info.
that was...oof.
09:02 AM on 01/15/12
JonnyJonnyJonny
Jonny - TMTMM/Flavorsaurus
User Info.
I thought he did a great job.
09:15 AM on 01/15/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
I hope anyone who said that Lana Del Ray had any sort of talent whatsoever watched her performances last night and inserted both of their feet simultaneously into their mouths. She is the physical manifestation of everything that is wrong with the music biz and she needs to take her fish lips and cracked out Betty Boop voice and have Daddy pay for her to leave the country.
09:32 AM on 01/15/12
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
I just don't understand the hype around this woman. Average voice, largely boring music. Early candidate for most overrated artist of 2012.
09:49 AM on 01/15/12
krisakarcher
Music Fan?
User Info.
she does have another full length out, but from a tiny independent, so "major" is still important in the messaging.

Honestly, I think everyone is shitting all over her too much because it's the cool thing to do. "Video Games" is a good song, whereas the rest has somewhat fallen flat. It's not her fault she's gotten so popular, but it is her fault for not being ready for it. She clearly is too nervous for tv and still needs time.

I'll probably enjoy her album, but no matter how good it is it'll be torn apart which is kind of a sad state of affairs

See more on Know Your Meme
09:53 AM on 01/15/12
dowithout
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
She really shouldn't have signed with such a big label if she wasn't ready for major performances like this. Some of her videos on youtube at smaller live shows are way better.
10:26 AM on 01/15/12
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
had no idea who this is, so I Youtubed some shit, and I have never been so bored. her songs, her presence... she's just kinda there if that makes sense.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos