CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
I hate this because it is not pop punk.
05:05 AM on 01/16/12
jesse-k
this is it boys, this is war
User Info.
This was definitely her most worst performance out of all the other performances she's ever done. Which sucks because SNL is a really big deal, and she actually can sing. Apparently something happened backstage. I saw this on the celebrity blog I read

No one knows for sure but there is a lot of speculation that something happened behind the scenes.

Here is what we do know:
- During VG she seemed weird and some people think she was on something.
- At the end of VG it looked like she was about to cry.
- When Blue Jeans was supposed to start it took a really long time and people speculated that SNL was stalling because she was upset.
- At the end of the night during the cast goodbye you can see Lana talking to Seth and he said, "It's fine. It's fine."
- Also during the goodbye, Dan can be seen telling her, "It's okay."
did everyone ignore this just because they wanna hate on a bad performance? If you'd watch the other live videos here, you'd know she has a good voice. I get chills everytime I watch her perform Video Games on Jools.
10:54 AM on 01/16/12
blink_my_robot
sunny menegerie
User Info.
I'll say it again, she was honestly one of the worst performances on SNL I've ever seen. And it wasn't because she was boring or just standing there, it was because she's completely fucking tone-deaf and kept randomly breaking out in some bizarre fake German accent like she was possessed.

It wasn't nerves either, look at literally all of her live performances that haven't been through editing. She's terrible (not to mention completely fake, but that's another story).
this.

how she managed to be worse than ke$ha is beyond me...
11:21 AM on 01/16/12
honestykills
User Info.
how are you missing the point so badly? What you said has no relevance to the thread. Phoenix played SNL before releasing a major album in the US. They played SNL to promote the major album they were about to release in the US. so, again,

i'm confused about what confuses you. the original post, again,

"Lana Del Rey becomes the first artist in years to play Saturday Night Live before releasing a major album. Watch her sing "Video Games" and "Blue Jeans" at Idolator."

at what point does the post say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, etc.?

please answer my original question.
Holy balls, I thought at first you might just be trolling but now it's obvious you really are this stupid. My sympathies.
11:33 AM on 01/16/12
Gator_2727
Old Man
User Info.
Karmin is so terrible. I hate SNL. They only put up these new artists because they think it will bring the young crowd back to their show.
11:38 AM on 01/16/12
Mr Hox182
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't mean to sound mean, but when she started singing, I had to fast forward it. Afterwards, I checked on Wikipedia to see if SNL was allowing a mentally handicapped person perform on their show.
12:06 PM on 01/16/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
Holy balls, I thought at first you might just be trolling but now it's obvious you really are this stupid. My sympathies.
it was 4 am i was wasted. just got back from the bar. you are 2 days late too.
12:10 PM on 01/16/12
honestykills
User Info.
it was 4 am i was wasted. just got back from the bar. you are 2 days late too.
I wasn't aware there was an expiration date on the thread. Thanks anyway, boss.
03:27 PM on 01/16/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
I wasn't aware there was an expiration date on the thread. Thanks anyway, boss.

Anytime, man.
05:53 PM on 01/16/12
OdeToTheSun
WWSVD
User Info.
If you look at the Last.fm page for her, in the similar artists section, you'll see Marina & The Diamonds. That's who you should be listening to instead of this shit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos