Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 64.
11:15 AM on 01/16/12
I'mAGetUpKid
...welcome to the new year.
User Info.
Knowing little of Kurt Travis until seeing him three years ago, I would love to have this cassette as well as the player mostly to hear where he is going in the future with his solo work, but understand that there are probably more deserving fans out there. I love his work though, and although not just him, I cannot wait to see him perform in a couple weeks with A Lot Like Birds, DECODER, and Just Like Vinyl. I would like to have this to show him because that would be pretty darn cool. Hopefully he comes around by himself though. That would be crazy.
11:19 AM on 01/16/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I don't think I deserve it, that sounds entitled, but this would be a really cool prize to win. The untitled album he did with DGD is one of the few albums of that style that I still listen to.
11:25 AM on 01/16/12
dancerazdance
http://youarerocksolid.tumblr.co m/
User Info.
i deserve it because im a loyal kurt fan from israel. we hardly get bands to play here and i have to pay allot of money for shipping if im buying albums. this would be an awesome gift.
11:27 AM on 01/16/12
InHyding,Maybe
User Info.
I was a fan of Curt Tyler's work ab ovo--before his mother conceived him. The moment I placed my hand on his mother's capacitated belly I knew that embryo had talent. Been digging his bands since middle school when he played the singing in The Muddy Camp Boots, check them out, pre-hardcore at it's finest. So yeah, I should get that shit
11:30 AM on 01/16/12
dancelukedance
User Info.
Nice exclusive.

And what a desirable prize. I deserve this as I've always backed Kurt on here whether it be his studio material, solo stuff or songs with Zac Garren. Hung out with him at Soundwave Melbourne in 2010, then San Fransisco 2011 and he remembered me - such a chiller.

I have purchased everything he has released and been a loyal supporter, and that Walkman/Ep combo sounds marvelous.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2533082
11:34 AM on 01/16/12
bmsmcr
User Info.
Well...I feel I "deserve" to win because of love music as a whole, much of it being in the Kurt Travis genre/realm. I'm shit poor and would love to be able to own the cassette tape alone, so winning both the tape and the player itself would be god sent. I've followed Kurt and his music endeavors for a long time and it would be awesome to add another piece of his work to my collection. THANKS!
11:41 AM on 01/16/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
i was going to comment here and say that this would be amazing to have, but now i am just gonna say, let this kid have it!
I love you Jess :)
12:07 PM on 01/16/12
lazyman
lazyman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
kurt travis has been one of my biggest inspirations whether it be with five minute ride, dgd, or allb. i remember buying most of these songs on the cassette from his bandcamp right after he got kicked out of DGD.
12:12 PM on 01/16/12
cavalierjack32
Ganjatopolis
User Info.
wow never heard him before but im in love
12:13 PM on 01/16/12
love_american_style
User Info.
can I have it? I've known this guy since he was in Five Minute Ride.
12:18 PM on 01/16/12
Jameswsc
User Info.
i feel i should win cause... hmmm... well, my car only has a cassette player haha and if you look at my facebook music likes, one of my likes is "Dance Gavin Dance with Kurt Travis." i dont mind other dgd albums, but i mainly love the kurt travis albums and i wanted everyone to see that specific detail lol.

hope i win (:
12:22 PM on 01/16/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Lol, cassettes are back now?
12:32 PM on 01/16/12
theredline
Brian Gallows
User Info.
I would love this because I'm old enough to remember the joy of cassettes. I had a player and if I won this I would put it in a prominent spot in my home. I started on cassettes and the nostalgia is great!
12:57 PM on 01/16/12
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
I have always admired Kurt!
He has such a great voice.
I'd love to own this, I have so many cassettes but broke my cassette player haha. I still rock a cassette player over an ipod. Keeping it old school
01:22 PM on 01/16/12
HanLuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I do it because maybe I look good in leather. Plus in my bed I pluck Kurt's feather, this gift and I should be together. Shit, i gotta go.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS