Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 64.
01:46 PM on 01/16/12
DCART
@DylanCarty
User Info.
My parents told me I don't deserve shit, but cassettes are cool, and Kurt Travis is cool. I'd be honored to win this contest.
01:47 PM on 01/16/12
Antlion
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, I definitely don't believe I deserve this over anyone else in this thread, though winning it would be very special to me. I've been a fan of Kurt Travis since There & Back Again. Then when Five Minute Ride came along I was just blown away, I had never listened to an artist who was able to portray his emotions so clearly to me specifically. It just seemed like anything he put out, when I heard the song and heard the lyrics it just made sense to me. Piece by piece it all fit together like a puzzle right before my eyes and I thought that was beautiful, because isn't that what music is all about? I used to see every Dance Gavin Dance show in Southern California until my health problems took a turn for the worse, so it's been quite a long time since I've had the opportunity to see Kurt live, and if I had the money I would have pre-ordered the cassette already. Congratulations ahead of time to whoever the lucky person is who wins this.
01:47 PM on 01/16/12
justbradley
User Info.
I'm gonna be one of those guys who just says it would be amazing to have. Haha. But I do enjoy Kurt very, very, very much. I've only heard of him through Dance Gavin Dance, but anyone who says Jonny Craig is better than Kurt Travis is a moron, because Kurt doesn't waste his talent.
02:04 PM on 01/16/12
guiltyspark
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kurt Travis plucks at heart strings while the crooning of his velvety fresh voice sends waves of ecstacy throughout my body; sending me into convulsions of orgasmic bliss brought about from no other musician. To say that Kurt Travis is a vocalist undercuts his ability, "Pussy Destroyer" is more like it, for his voice is nothing less than a weapon. Armed with the deadly sweet honey some refer to as his "singing", he is the monarch of progressive post hardcore. If Kurt Travis were a lot like a bird...it would be a phoenix, trapped forever in a cosmic battle with Cthulhu, fighting to create beautiful music for generations of eager faced mortals.

Also, I deserve this because I'm about to go to grad school and I'm too broke to afford it...
02:05 PM on 01/16/12
siamesegun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Saying I deserve anything makes me feel like a douche but I talked to Kurt about two years ago about all his old projects and he said he would love to start doing his solo stuff again. I asked about There & Back Again and he really wanted to re-release those songs. It's kinda cool that he actually got to do it.(or at least "How Are Things") Oh, and it's Kurt's birthday and he said his number 1 wish was for me to get this.
02:33 PM on 01/16/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
I should win this because I have been a fan of Kurt for ages. His music never fails to entertain me and his voice is just awesome. That title track is pretty cool too! This gift would be awesome to have.

Please?
02:37 PM on 01/16/12
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
Chon Travis>>Kurt Travis
02:55 PM on 01/16/12
BurymeWalkAway
User Info.
I have another cassette i would like to play.. So that walkman would help? Can I have it please? It's a Candira wow I can't even spell the bands name.
03:16 PM on 01/16/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn that is a gnarly prize haha. Good job Jacky Poo.
Can we not let that nickname stick?
03:18 PM on 01/16/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was a fan of Curt Tyler's work ab ovo--before his mother conceived him. The moment I placed my hand on his mother's capacitated belly I knew that embryo had talent. Been digging his bands since middle school when he played the singing in The Muddy Camp Boots, check them out, pre-hardcore at it's finest. So yeah, I should get that shit

Made me laugh out loud.
03:42 PM on 01/16/12
nooshdeezy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yea i luv jonny craig would lov 2 get the cd and the walkman signed by him thanks a lot like birds sputnik music u r the best
03:55 PM on 01/16/12
_veges_
User Info.
I'm not going to enter the contest, because I think there are other people who want this more, but this is a good song.
04:03 PM on 01/16/12
15 Step
User Info.
I deserve this tape because the only tape that works for me anymore is Backstreet Boys' "Millenium"... ::
04:46 PM on 01/16/12
TenSpeed
User Info.
i think i deserve it because i like Deathstar better than DTBM.
04:51 PM on 01/16/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
this is pretty good. I wish their wasn't as much space in the vocals but its chill
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests