AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Daylight - The Difference In Good and Bad Dreams EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 9
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 9
Production 9
Creativity 9
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 90%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9.13
Musicianship 8.88
Lyrics 9.13
Production 9.25
Creativity 9.25
Lasting Value 9.38
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Average: 92%
Inside AP.net

Daylight - The Difference In Good and Bad Dreams EP

Reviewed by: windexforlife (01/16/12)
Daylight The Difference In Good and Bad Dreams EP
Record Label: Run For Cover
Release Date: January 3, 2012

Coming off of their last EP (Dispirit) Daylight keeps up with their formula of just straight up good punk rock.

I had been seeing Daylight on the front banner of Absolute Punk for a while now, which made me stoked to see them get some publicity on here, but I had yet to see a review of the EP, so here is my first review ever.

When I first put on this record the first thing that popped out to me was the amazing guitar tone on "On The Way To Dads". Such a simple riff seeming so heavy through the speakers, followed by the powerful vocals. These guys rock hard and loud and these songs are defiantly meant to be yelled in your car on the way to your shitty job, well at least in my case they are.

The first song ends very abruptly, to only come in with "Hungry At A Funeral" which starts at a very mellow slow pace only to be speed up with a small build up. But lyrically I find it the darkest song on the EP as well as my favorite. He seems to be confessing his lust to 'tasted all the flesh of the world'. The guitar lead towards the end of the track makes my head bang so hard. So catchy yet, so god damn dark.

"Damp" speeds up the pace, with a great delivery lyrically, as well as a instrumentally in which is seems to continue to build up riff after riff until the tracks ends... Only to come to the EP's last song. If you were just casually listening to Good and Bad... this last song will for sure catch your attention. With only a clean electric guitar and vocals to start it pulls you in right from the beginning, differing from the first 3 tracks. The song speeds up and rocks hard for over four minutes making it the longest song.

I am not one for "rating" an album but my reason for giving it a '9' is because it is an album that is very much worth listening to for any punk/rock/hardcore fan.

9/10

Recommended If You LikeBasement; Title Fight; Balance and Composure

Additional InformationTrack Listing:
1. On The Way To Dads
2. Hungry At A Funeral
3. Damp
4. In My Dreams

Facebook

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums